GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is European Haynes worth it?

weekendGolfer

Car(s)
2015 VW Golf S
Hey y'all,

I'm pretty new to working on my own car and have been looking up manuals for my VW Golf S Mk.7 (USA). I know there's a Haynes manual for the British/Euro Mk. 7 Golf but I wasn't sure if it was worth it to purchase. From what I can tell, it appears to be mostly similar, but I don't want to purchase something that gives me the wrong info.

Anything helps, thanks!

- weekendGolfer

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. I think there's too many minor differences to be that helpful but someone else that knows more about that manual should say for sure.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hey y'all,

I'm pretty new to working on my own car and have been looking up manuals for my VW Golf S Mk.7 (USA). I know there's a Haynes manual for the British/Euro Mk. 7 Golf but I wasn't sure if it was worth it to purchase. From what I can tell, it appears to be mostly similar, but I don't want to purchase something that gives me the wrong info.

Anything helps, thanks!

- weekendGolfer
No. Just get the workshop manual from ErWin. The Haynes manual I have just rewrites the workshop manual almost word for word on every procedure I've looked at so far....

gilders

Car(s)
2016 Golf GT Mk7 150
My Haynes is useless as it doesn't show torque figures, by the time I've found torque figures online, I've also found how to complete the job, making the Haynes manual redundant.

gilders

Car(s)
2016 Golf GT Mk7 150
You're right!!
I always headed straight to the instructions and never noticed the torque settings at the very beginning of each chapter. It does make it much more useful. The pictures aren't very clear though.