GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is Etuners from Greece good?

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have any experience with Etuners from Greece for the 1.8T? Looking into it and want to see if the numbers about their tunes I’m hearing are accurate. Was told the Stage 2 is 105hp and 125tq on IS12 which I don’t think is realistic.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
They are the first people I was aware of that had attempted an IS20 swap on the 1.8, and were the primary influence to doing the swap myself, but I don't know anyone who actually has a tune from them so I can't speak to their quality.

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
They are the first people I was aware of that had attempted an IS20 swap on the 1.8, and were the primary influence to doing the swap myself, but I don't know anyone who actually has a tune from them so I can't speak to their quality.
Good to hear that they know what they’re doing and aren’t some backyard tuners/mechanics

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
They are good. The numbers are probably advertised hp numbers and not wheel. That being said, 250whp is probably the norm for a stage 2. I'm guess they do remote tuning and you may need their flashing tool.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Not sure what OP is getting as far as hardware besides the is20 and what fueling, but he might need a custom tune. For custom tunes for the 1.8, it's either etuners or Reflect. That's it. I think @MeltedSolid is doing a UM custom tune, but I reached out to them and that wasn't an option at the time, so not sure.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Understandable for a custom tune. For IS12/20/38 with stock fueling, there are a lot of NA options.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Not sure what OP is getting as far as hardware besides the is20 and what fueling, but he might need a custom tune. For custom tunes for the 1.8, it's either etuners or Reflect. That's it. I think @MeltedSolid is doing a UM custom tune, but I reached out to them and that wasn't an option at the time, so not sure.

No, I wanted to do UM but they said they only do the awd sportwagen models. I'm just on an APR tune right now. Also, I wasn't even aware that etuners sold tunes to north america. Lots of other good options here.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
Why E-Tuners when there are so many north american options?
I was looking for the whole burble and what not and my only options were reflect or Etuners, and I ended up going with Etuners because my car was dyno’d otherwise it wouldn’t have been. Couldn’t have been happier with my decision. Was also cheaper than any other option (uni or APR)

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
I have intake, catless dp, GTI catback and the stage 2 clutch and I ended up with 225whp on the is12 so I’m more than happy

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Could you give more details. Was it a custom tune? Dyno or on street? What device to load tunes? Response time etc

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
Could you give more details. Was it a custom tune? Dyno or on street? What device to load tunes? Response time etc
It was a custom tune. I took it to a local shop and they do dyno pulls and send the logs I’m assuming to the tuners in Greece but it’s more so “live” tuning just that the actual tuners are 6-7hours ahead in time. It was all done through a laptop. And it took maybe a few hours to get it done. I also had to Upgrade my spark plugs and coil packs because when they hit 205whp the car just went into limp mode and was misfiring so I guess that added a bit of time but other than that it was maybe 3-4hrs of tuning to get it dialed in to 225whp and 275wtq in the is12

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It was a custom tune. I took it to a local shop and they do dyno pulls and send the logs I’m assuming to the tuners in Greece but it’s more so “live” tuning just that the actual tuners are 6-7hours ahead in time. It was all done through a laptop. And it took maybe a few hours to get it done. I also had to Upgrade my spark plugs and coil packs because when they hit 205whp the car just went into limp mode and was misfiring so I guess that added a bit of time but other than that it was maybe 3-4hrs of tuning to get it dialed in to 225whp and 275wtq in the is12

Those numbers are inline with APR numbers.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
ooh, I wasn't aware that etuners did custom tuning. Cool to know about more options for that.