GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is battery reset needed after downpipe install?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
As the title states. I’m going to be installing one when the weather gets better, and was wondering what the best thing to do is.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ok thanks!

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
As the title states. I’m going to be installing one when the weather gets better, and was wondering what the best thing to do is.
Get a stage 2 tune...

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Get a stage 2 tune...
I'm currently using a JB4 on Map6, a FMIC, a Turbo Inlet pipe & hose. To be honest, I already feel like it's too powerful for a front wheel drive car. I don't want to break anything. I track the car, so I want a factor of safety.
As of now (without the downpipe), on the crappy Pirellis that come with the car, I can't prevent spinning until I'm in 4th gear! I haven't tried it yet with my summer tires (MP4S), but I'm hoping I get much better traction, otherwise the power is lost. I think I will be fully satisfied with the power after the DP install. As long as it can reliably keep the power in the heat, and while stressing it at the track. If I decide to put more money in at that point, I will probably focus more on braking and handling. As of now, I only have upgraded rotors, pads, and fluid. RS3 air ducts, and a thicker rear sway bar. If I decide to go further, I'm thinking bigger brakes, and coilover suspension.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Runnning the car at extremes without a tune and just a downpipe, caused me EPC and Check engine = temporary limp mode. I would again suggest a proper tune, but then again your JB4 is probably fooling the ecm enough not to make it matter, and I would not stack a jb4 and a tune.

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
What's wrong with stacking JB4 and a tune?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I think he's done pretty well with his stack :)