GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anyone vinyl wrapping their MK7 trim?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
If so, got pics?

Edit: For reference, I did my old e90 BMW to ditch the ugly wood a few years ago before I came back to VW. I thought it came out great.
3M 1080 Vinyl is the way to go. Super easy to work with.

Last edited:

yowalter

Passed Driver's Ed
Thinking about going matte blue on my GTI, but will probably wait until I get tired of pure white first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I hadn't considered it until i saw a vid of the Clubsport with the piano black trim. In for pics. I previously wrapped my 5's interior with brushed aluminum vinyl since i had the faux carbon vw print stuff in that one as well.

yowalter

Passed Driver's Ed

Happened to stumble across this. I'd probably go a couple shades lighter, but definitely the look I've been wanting

KlipZ

Ready to race!
i want to wrap my GTI so badly but a good wrap job is like 3k which i just cant justify spending right now.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

Happened to stumble across this. I'd probably go a couple shades lighter, but definitely the look I've been wanting

i want to wrap my GTI so badly but a good wrap job is like 3k which i just cant justify spending right now.

Interior trim is what I mean.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
The amount of vinyl used to wrap a car costs more than one thinks, even more so if you go with a unique color or finish. If you want a good wrap job done including door jams and other areas to make it look complete like a paint job it's easy to see how it can costs 3k. The time involved in wrapping a car is high too. My friend owns a shop that does this a the margins for profit are actually pretty small even after charging 2-3k for a wrap.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Mr ohnoez

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Had a 2017 Golf R
God people go way off topic in here... I was curious about doing an interior wrap as well.
It seems to be quiet difficult especially with the side door lighting.
I don't really want to do carbon fiber because everyone does that, yet I did find a nice dark wood one I loved

KlipZ

Ready to race!
then do it and make it your own!

KlipZ

Ready to race!
post pics when its installed!

GH03ST.

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a gold wrap. I ended up running out of wrap before i could finish the trim above the glove box and the trim on the doors. If you do end up doing a wrap be careful with the trim on the door cards i do believe not 100% sure they are plastic welded in place. You have to access them from the back of the door card, i pried part of mine back with a trim tool and broke the clips after that i was too scared to try prying the rest and see what would happen. However all the other trim is really easy to get off. Also imo don't buy cheap wrap i did and noticed it really doesn't want to "work" with you, if you can see there are a few areas that bubbled up and just wouldn't lay flat no matter what i tried.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
I did a gold wrap. I ended up running out of wrap before i could finish the trim above the glove box and the trim on the doors. If you do end up doing a wrap be careful with the trim on the door cards i do believe not 100% sure they are plastic welded in place. You have to access them from the back of the door card, i pried part of mine back with a trim tool and broke the clips after that i was too scared to try prying the rest and see what would happen. However all the other trim is really easy to get off. Also imo don't buy cheap wrap i did and noticed it really doesn't want to "work" with you, if you can see there are a few areas that bubbled up and just wouldn't lay flat no matter what i tried.

Oh god that is aweful. But i like the quality of your work from the pictures. Nicely done! Better get some matching rims!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk