GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anyone vinyl wrapping their MK7 trim?

smiley87

This is from my VW eUP. The first time I tried vinyl wrap.

This is the Liquid Copper Metallic vinyl from 3M that I still have some leftovers from. Looks awesome!

Interior:

Rear badge detail:

Also did the front badge, chrome lists, mirrors, rims!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Wow that really went on clean!

Really like the carbon fiber look. I think i'm sitting on some of the same 3m vinyl. hmm...

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Omg, so much yes. I can't wait to see this!
Don't plan on doing the same application as goldfinger so we will see what else come off easily ish. Definitely need some more plaid in my life. 58$ for a 2' x 16". Last email i got on monday that it needed to be printed and cured.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Just checked again coming in friday maybe ill have something done by the end of the weekend

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

smiley87

how is the bit round the badge done? and how do you get the trim round the guages off?

Hello.
The badges I did "open". Its plastic welded together.
Wrapped the blue part (EV's has a blue plastic there OEM), then glued them back together. Its a little risky job cause you can break it.

The trim around eUP radio etc was not removed, just wrapped as it is.

smiley87

Today I got a few hours done with the interior!

Still not done but O.M.G.! Carbon and Copper colors is an awesome combination!

Careful to not fall of your chair!

Mousa

Passed Driver's Ed
That looks cleeeaaan![emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Today I got a few hours done with the interior!

Still not done but O.M.G.! Carbon and Copper colors is an awesome combination!

Careful to not fall of your chair!

Fantastic job. I started this thread and I have done an e90 BMW interior with the 3M 1080 vinyl before, but no other vinyl experience. How are you doing those little bits of trim in orange and getting clean edges??????

I just added pics to my original post.

smiley87

Fantastic job. I started this thread and I have done an e90 BMW interior with the 3M 1080 vinyl before, but no other vinyl experience. How are you doing those little bits of trim in orange and getting clean edges??????

I just added pics to my original post.

Thanks!
Yeah the 1080 is really nice to work with! Your BMW wrap looked perfect!

The smallest bits like around the left and right air vents the silver/chrome is removed and wrapped separately with some excess vinyl that is covered by the other parts.

So everything that is possible to remove is removed, others are just extreme careful cutting with super sharp blade.

Currently done with the dash and center console(pics in next post), but I will take some pictures of the actual installation the next time I wrap something!

smiley87

Looks like I'm done with the dash and center console details. Only doors left!

I think the results are perfect and the best color combo possible. Lifted the car interior 1000 times!

I'm not 100% happy with the VW logo on steering wheel.. I did not figure out how to remove it without risking to break anything, and the logo is so small that I didn't manage to cut out only the silver.

Solution was to wrap the whole logo. Use heat and get it firmly into all the corners and then use a black marker to paint the black.

But I found out that I'm a lot better at vinyl wrapping then coloring, so it is not as even as I want it to be.. Need to find a solution for that!

What do you guys think about this? To much?

Here is some photos!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Amazing job! I'm really liking the copper + CF look.You've really inspired me to try this. I'm usually terrible at this kind of stuff, but it's worth the try and worst case, I'm only out some money for the materials since it can peel off.
I'd probably keep the silver bits, because it's easier though :D.

Other than the wrap, is there anything else needed? Any tools to make applying easier?