GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anyone vinyl wrapping their MK7 trim?

GH03ST.

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh god that is aweful. But i like the quality of your work from the pictures. Nicely done! Better get some matching rims!

Eh to you it may be awful but that's why it's my build, we all have different tastes in the things we do to our cars but thanks and that's already the plan...just have to find the right set of wheels.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
immediately makes me think of this:

Pretty neat, definitely different. Kudos. And your response is on topic so even better.

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
Oh god that is aweful. But i like the quality of your work from the pictures. Nicely done! Better get some matching rims!

Eh to you it may be awful but that's why it's my build, we all have different tastes in the things we do to our cars but thanks and that's already the plan...just have to find the right set of wheels.
I like that you did you man. And like i said the application was done great. But still eeewww lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

FPP

Passed Driver's Ed
I did a gold wrap. I ended up running out of wrap before i could finish the trim above the glove box and the trim on the doors. If you do end up doing a wrap be careful with the trim on the door cards i do believe not 100% sure they are plastic welded in place. You have to access them from the back of the door card, i pried part of mine back with a trim tool and broke the clips after that i was too scared to try prying the rest and see what would happen. However all the other trim is really easy to get off. Also imo don't buy cheap wrap i did and noticed it really doesn't want to "work" with you, if you can see there are a few areas that bubbled up and just wouldn't lay flat no matter what i tried.

Not sure I like it, but think it would be better if the trim on the steering wheel matched.

GH03ST.

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure I like it, but think it would be better if the trim on the steering wheel matched.

Oh yeah 100% it would but like i said i ran out of wrap so i could not even finish the door card trim and the trim above the glovebox. Maybe when i buy better quality wrap to do everything over i'll consider doing that as well.

smiley87

Hello guys! (This is my first post)

I'm from Norway and just got my used mk7 3 weeks ago, its the electric Golf.

Over to the topic.
I just tried out vinyl wrapping and found myself to be very impressed with how its applied, the strengt and available colors++.

So I'm a big fan now!
Using 3M 1080 Vinyl Wrap.

I think the biggest difference between cheap and expensive vinyl wrap is the quality of the glue. Therefore I only use good quality like 3M.

On this car I will wrap details on interior and exterior.
Interior: Carbon and Liquid Copper Metallic (for silver/chrome details).
Exterior: Black gloss and Liquid Copper Metallic.

I just did the interior trim with carbon wrap. Very happy with the results.
(Not finished yet)

I will post some better pictures as I get more of the interior wrapped!

Have a great day!

murtaza911

Ready to race!
That carbon fibre wrap looks great! I was thinking of wrapping my golf trim in glossy black, or carbon. Seeing yours is making me lean more towards carbon :)

How much wrap did you use, and did you do the doors as well?

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
That looks great compared to the GTI faux-fiber and I'd bet shows fingerprints much less as well. Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Tebo

Ready to race!
I got a roll of the plaid from klii coming in the mail we will see what I come up with should be fun

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

smiley87

That carbon fibre wrap looks great! I was thinking of wrapping my golf trim in glossy black, or carbon. Seeing yours is making me lean more towards carbon :)

How much wrap did you use, and did you do the doors as well?

Thanks!
I think that the glossy black will get visible small scratches very fast.
My experience with glossy black is that it's not that durable.
This carbon will hide scratches and it looks even better then the photos I posted.

I just bought 1x1.5meters and that is enough for at least this car and maybe some friends cars interior.

I have just done what the photo shows now. But I will take the doors, shift knob, steering wheel and more later on when I get some spare time.

Last edited:

cb61

Passed Driver's Ed
very nice! Well done! I was thinking of wrapping my golf trim in brushed black, or carbon. How difficult are the trims to remove?

smiley87

very nice! Well done! I was thinking of wrapping my golf trim in brushed black, or carbon. How difficult are the trims to remove?

That would be cool!

Super easy to remove if you are used to some work on interior.
And if your not used to removing trims etc. its still easy but you need to be careful not to bend anything so it will break. Probably use some plastic tools to help you.

I pulled everything off with my hands in less then 2 minutes.

Except the peace that is around the shifter, that was mounted when I wrapped it. Just did give it some better space by removing the plastic on the sides.

EDIT:
How difficult are the trims to remove?
Here is a sweet guide on how to do it!

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16872

Last edited: