GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IROZ MPI Kit

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Anyone running this? $1,100 includes the 1300 cc injectors and $100 worth of line that I would have to get anyhow if going with CTS or PR. That's eons more injector than I'd need but by the time you get a better line, you're at 1k with CTS or PR anyhow. I'd pay a $100 IROZ tax given their OCD level attention to detail.

Any feedback or general thoughts? If today, you were going MPI which would you pick assuming +/- $100 was a non issue.

Based on the description (pics attached although I think their latest version has a black anodized rail):

"Iroz's port injection system is the solution needed for those wishing to run high horsepower and big turbos beyond the capability of the stock DI injection system.

Includes:

• Billet IMS Fuel Rail
  • Premium Bosch 1300cc Injectors
  • Motorsport Grade Wiring Harness
  • Fuel T Fitting
  • Low Pressure Sensor
  • Install Hardware
  • Ethanol/Flex Fuel Sensor
  • Fuel Feed line
Added benefits to the IMS fueling kit is the added safety of proper injector clips, manifold fastening inserts and oem matching fuel line size. As well as preventing carbon build up on valves which is often an issue on DI engines."

Attachments

• IMG_1611__26994.1588703902.jpg
    IMG_1611__26994.1588703902.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1601__22809.1588713435.jpg
    IMG_1601__22809.1588713435.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1613_1__50460.1591208324.jpg
    IMG_1613_1__50460.1591208324.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1599__68608.1588713438.jpg
    IMG_1599__68608.1588713438.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 224

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You don't need lines and you don't need 1300cc injectors unless you're going over 700whp. It's a nice kit but overkill unless you're doing a built motor, Iroz turbo kit, and head work.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
You don't need lines and you don't need 1300cc injectors unless you're going over 700whp. It's a nice kit but overkill unless you're doing a built motor, Iroz turbo kit, and head work.

Gotcha. I guess my thought is this. If unnecessary yet superior in quality is 20% more, I'm in all day every chance I get especially if as an added bonus the option in question will resell in a heartbeat and has room to grow in the event I stay on this platform.

Ironically it's your feedback that led me to Pag Parts LPFP for the same reason. Over-engineered for a mild hybrid build? Perhaps, but again, if overkill means I can side-skirt the inherent issues of the option that I could get by with and never have to wonder if my filter is being crushed because I opted to hack the OEM basket, I'm in again.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Gotcha. I guess my thought is this. If unnecessary yet superior in quality is 20% more, I'm in all day every chance I get especially if as an added bonus the option in question will resell in a heartbeat and has room to grow in the event I stay on this platform.

Ironically it's your feedback that led me to Pag Parts LPFP for the same reason. Over-engineered for a mild hybrid build? Perhaps, but again, if overkill means I can side-skirt the inherent issues of the option that I could get by with and never have to wonder if my filter is being crushed because I opted to hack the OEM basked, I'm in again.

I'm not sure you're getting value here. I run the CTS kit, it goes on sale for like $730. It has injector clips, the rail and wiring are good quality, etc.

I'm not a PR fan, I think their first version MPI kit left a lot to be desired, and it's pretty funny to see them fix all the things I and others said were issues after they spent years denying the problems existed. That said, the current kit is good.

Their LPFP kits, while extremely popular, are in my opinion very poorly designed and not of an acceptable quality level. I'll pay more to get more, but when a lower cost option has no issues and does everything I need, that's usually the route I'm going. Iroz makes great stuff, I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I just wouldn't spend the extra $400 on it personally because I'm not sure I see value in it unless we're talking about a very high power level.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I'm not sure you're getting value here. I run the CTS kit, it goes on sale for like $730. It has injector clips, the rail and wiring are good quality, etc.

I'm not a PR fan, I think their first version MPI kit left a lot to be desired, and it's pretty funny to see them fix all the things I and others said were issues after they spent years denying the problems existed. That said, the current kit is good.

Their LPFP kits, while extremely popular, are in my opinion very poorly designed and not of an acceptable quality level. I'll pay more to get more, but when a lower cost option has no issues and does everything I need, that's usually the route I'm going. Iroz makes great stuff, I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I just wouldn't spend the extra $400 on it personally because I'm not sure I see value in it unless we're talking about a very high power level.

Gotcha. Ok this makes perfect sense, thanks a ton for the feedback. It sounds like CTS it is, didn't realize it gets that low. There is a forum member with a new CTS kit looking to part with it so if he can match that sale price, I'll go that route. Thanks again!

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Just a quick follow-up, spoke to Patrick @ IROZ and it is in fact a full MPI kit however they don't offer anything less than the 1300cc injectors with it.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R