GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iphone or blackberry?

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' R, 19' Rabbit
Have a Curve 8900 that finally died on me today (had it for almost 3 years).... Original plan was to use my HUP (hardware upgrade plan) to get a Blackberry Bold 9900 when it comes out, but that'll be in a few months..

need something to hold me over... right now I have an option to get:

1) 32 gig Iphone4 for $250 (BNIB unlocked to any network)
2) Blackberry Torch for $200 (BNIB unlocked to any network)
3) Blackberry Bold 9700 for $150 (Almost new, only used 2 weeks, locked to Rogers who I'm currently with)

was gonna go with option 3 before I talked to a friend with hook ups with option 1 and 2... thoughts?

kyclops

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
I've never been a fan of blackberry's. Nearly everyone I know has had problems Even my mom's month old bb is giving her trouble.

When I had my iphone (bought a droid recently) I liked it alot. Iphone's got my vote.

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' R, 19' Rabbit
the issue here is I've never had any issues (at least MAJOR ones) with my Curve... it's been very reliable and I find it great for what I need it for... work, emails, bbm etc... I'm used to the form/function of blackberry right now and it would be a smoother transition...

never really used any iphone's before or any apple products for that matter.. but they do seem slick..

lastly, I was never expecting to spend any $ on another phone... at least not this soon.. the HUP would get me a 9900 for virtually nothing when it comes out but my current curve just didn't last :(

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I've had iPhones since they launched.... and have had several problems with them crashing/dying on me. That being said, the UI and apps, they keep it up and I'll be an iPhone user for life.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I had a BB Curve 8500 and it was okay for the first few months. I wasn't getting my messages and what not. In the last 2 months I was having issues with it freezing and I wasn't able to access parts of my phone. My warranty was over so I couldn't really do that much. I've had friends that had BB and had switched over to Iphone and had no complaints. Others that were coming from other phones to Iphone had issues. I already have a 32gb Ipod Touch so I don't need an Iphone. I recently bought a Motorolla Atrix(Android), no regrets. It currently has the fastest processor in a mobile phone. It also was a 2011 winner at CES. So I would suggest you to look it up, give you another option.

JhnR

Banned
i liked my iPhone 3GS but after a while they start running like shit. mine is a little laggy, crashes randomly, freezez on calls, etc.

i wanna look into that new Motorola Atrix 4G or Samsung Galaxy II or Samsung Infuse 4G.

i dont think i wanna go with the Iphone 4 unless something newer comes out. :)

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
never been a fan of apple and my curve has been flawless for the 18 months i've had it. for me, it does more than enough and does it very well. :cool:

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' R, 19' Rabbit
hmmm so far big advantage to iphone, which I figured from the other poll that was done on this forum... I'm not considering Android right now cuz I won't get as good of a hook up :p

that being said, any long time blackberry owners switch to the iphone 4 and have no regrets? or vice versa?

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
iPhone is convenient because of all the apps it has and that it works with all "ipod" devices.

that said, my iPhone screen shattered from a 2 foot fall and no warranty in the world covers it ($150 fix from Apple even though i have "Apple Care") it drops my calls all the time for no reason, and simple tasks like copying and pasting a link for example are damn near impossible.

the thing is LITERALLY made of glass but i do like how easy it is to sync with my laptop/car/stereo whatever....

i think if i had to choose again i'd pick another Android phone though. for some reason blackberry never appealed to me. but i've never owned one so i can't comment on that.

Civilized_Hatch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' R, 19' Rabbit
ya I was thinking about that ... the glass looks/feels nice but how durable is it right?... is it really "scratch proof" like they say it is? ie. you don't need a screen protector?

so the iphone 4 still drops calls? I thought they fixed that issue, or is it more of a carrier issue?

iPhone is convenient because of all the apps it has and that it works with all "ipod" devices.

that said, my iPhone screen shattered from a 2 foot fall and no warranty in the world covers it ($150 fix from Apple even though i have "Apple Care") it drops my calls all the time for no reason, and simple tasks like copying and pasting a link for example are damn near impossible.

the thing is LITERALLY made of glass but i do like how easy it is to sync with my laptop/car/stereo whatever....

i think if i had to choose again i'd pick another Android phone though. for some reason blackberry never appealed to me. but i've never owned one so i can't comment on that.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
well i have an iphone 3gs (got it for $50 for switching to AT&T)

i would not say the screen is durable AT ALL. it took ONE FALL and shattered. and it just fell out of my pocket while i was sitting down so it was like 2 feet from the ground.

who knows, maybe the iPhone 4 addressed the issues i have.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
i liked my iPhone 3GS but after a while they start running like shit. mine is a little laggy, crashes randomly, freezez on calls, etc.

i wanna look into that new Motorola Atrix 4G or Samsung Galaxy II or Samsung Infuse 4G.

i dont think i wanna go with the Iphone 4 unless something newer comes out. :)

Lots of my friends have been bailing from iPhone (including myself). 2 of them returned their Samsung for 1 reason or another and got the Atrix and HTC Inspire 4G. I got the inspire and have nothing but good things to say about it. Just about every feature works better than my iPhone did after Apple killed the software.