GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iPhone 6 with USB port

Hi, quick question. I'm living in Ireland. My Mk VII (Composition Media) has just a USB port in the front centre compartment along with an AUX In. The CD player and SD Card slot are in the glovebox. At present my iPhone 6 does not show up when connected with a regular usb cable. I can use it via Bluetooth but no album art. Is there a cable I can get that links iPhone 6 to USB port and allows me to control music via phone? My old HTC M8 worked fine. Thanks in advance. Marc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

testcard

Ready to race!
So you're using the standard Lightning to USB connector that came with the 6? Have you selected the iPhone in Source - option in bottom left of the Media screen?
On a different point, you might want to change your screen name to one that doesn't include your email address. Some dodgy people out there on the Interweb!

testcard

Ready to race!
I was suggesting to Mark, the original poster, that using his email address as his screen name or user name perhaps isn't a great idea.

testcard

Ready to race!
I believe that a USB port rather than a MDI port is standard on Golfs with Discover Nav Pro, not sure if this is the case for the Composition Media option. Perhaps someone with a late model Mk7 could confirm?

Yes using the standard Lightning to USB connector. Not sure about selecting the iPhone in source. Tried selecting USB on inputs screen but it's greyed out. Yes will change screen name. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk