GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iOS4 update

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker

utekineir

Banned
So, quick question. Since I may end up picking up an iphone 4.

Should I leave my 3gs with the current 3.13(?) for resale?

Really don't feel any need to upgrade (3g ipad is the balls), but if its mostly a wash on price after resale of 3gs and i get a new battery/warranty out of it why not?

Amped96

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI
So, quick question. Since I may end up picking up an iphone 4.

Should I leave my 3gs with the current 3.13(?) for resale?

Really don't feel any need to upgrade (3g ipad is the balls), but if its mostly a wash on price after resale of 3gs and i get a new battery/warranty out of it why not?

I'd say go ahead and upgrade if you have a 3GS. I installed iOS4 on my fiance's 3GS last night and it was no problem at all. It did not slow her phone down in the slightest. Its still faster than my 3G like always and now she has more features, so its win, win.

utekineir

Banned
I'd say go ahead and upgrade if you have a 3GS. I installed iOS4 on my fiance's 3GS last night and it was no problem at all. It did not slow her phone down in the slightest. Its still faster than my 3G like always and now she has more features, so its win, win.

Was more looking at it from an unlocking perspective for resale.

Thanks though.

Chris@RT

Banned
For those with long backup times.. how often do you back up your phone. If you rarely do it then it will take forever, if you do it often (mine sits docked all day) the back up is only a few minutes. I had another friend that had been trying to back up for the last few weeks it was taking hours to get halfway. He removed all his apps and music the backup was still long but once it was backed up it only took a fw minutes everytime now.

In short let it finish the long back up and do it periodically from here on out since it will be faster.

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
For those with long backup times.. how often do you back up your phone. If you rarely do it then it will take forever, if you do it often (mine sits docked all day) the back up is only a few minutes. I had another friend that had been trying to back up for the last few weeks it was taking hours to get halfway. He removed all his apps and music the backup was still long but once it was backed up it only took a fw minutes everytime now.

In short let it finish the long back up and do it periodically from here on out since it will be faster.

i backup my phone regularly and it still took several years for the backup portion, maybe it's cause i have a 3G and it's a slow piece of shit? :iono:

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
i have the 3.1.3 jailbreak and i have all the apps (for free!) if i go to ios4 without jailbreak will i lose all my apps?

FNR32

Ready to race!
i have the 3.1.3 jailbreak and i have all the apps (for free!) if i go to ios4 without jailbreak will i lose all my apps?

Probably so, yes.

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
just installed the os4, pretty nifty. i like the quickness and the cool way of closing/opening apps n native multitasking :)