GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iOS 11 keeps rebooting my infotainment system

warchieft2k

Ready to race!
hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this issue. randomly my infotainment system will reboot when streaming BT music or even when I connected it and use car play.

I have 2016 base model R.

italynstylion

Ready to race!
hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is getting this issue. randomly my infotainment system will reboot when streaming BT music or even when I connected it and use car play.

It's not just you...and it's not just iOS. I upgraded my Google Pixel to Android 8.0 and was getting the EXACT same thing when attached to Android Auto. I ended up downgrading the OS to Android 7.1.2 (because Androids can do that....so sorry apple) and everything is back to normal.

Not sure what the issue with the new operating systems is. I'm sure there's a flash for the headunit or something we need.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
iOS 11 sucks. Apps load way slower, crash, freeze up the phone. randomly turns on and off wifi, BT, and cell data.
The worst update ever!
It might be optimized to iPhone 8, but definitely not for the previous models.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
My 7 has been running much better on the iOS 11 after the first update, make sure you are running the latest version.

The Maps updates are worth it for sure

starkberger

11.0.2 just came out, try getting that. If that doesn’t help you might call Apple at 1800MYIPHONE/1-800-694-7466. Don’t be surprised if you end up being asked to check the firmware version on your car by taking it to your dealer for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
iOS 11.0.1 causes my BT to start playing as muted. SUPER annoying. Not sure what Apple changed.. Just updated to 11.0.2 going to see if that helps.

Only change has been updating iOS 11 to iOS 11.0.1 so it's definitely not the car's firmware. Also i get siriusXM music still even though my trial expired 9 months ago, so i don't really want the dealer to update/change my firmware (im guessing it'll call home and i'll loose it haha)

R_MK7

Ready to race!
iOS has been slowly getting worse for years now. Apple cares more about adding new emojis for teenage girls than they do fixing any of the issues.

With that said so far I have not had an issue with CarPlay (have only used it a few times since installing iOS 11) but I wouldn’t be surprised if the update caused it for you.

sebastian1

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a similar problem, attributed it to Nav, irrespective of me connecting the phone over Bluetooth or Apple Play. Just try unplugging the NAV SD card and check if the screen reboots. That solved the problem for me.

Then you can resolve it further by upgrading the firmware on the infotainment unit.

hello,

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
iOS 11 sucks. Apps load way slower, crash, freeze up the phone. randomly turns on and off wifi, BT, and cell data.
The worst update ever!
It might be optimized to iPhone 8, but definitely not for the previous models.

I've been running it for months, since the second public beta, on an iPhone 7. I'm having NONE of these issues.

If your phone is really running that badly, I'd do a fresh OS load through iTunes.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
iOS11 has been horrible, and my work phone is an older iPhone 6 which is now essentially unusable it is so slow. The random bugs and glitches are mind boggling, like if a 14 year old boy just learning to code wrote it.