GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Invincible End Links for Rear Sway Bar

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
looking for some end links for my 034 Motorsports rear sway bar on my daily driver, have the MOOG end links today, but would like to be able to set my rear sway bar to max stiff.

Who in here has 30k+ miles on a set of aftermarket sway bar end links they can recommend?

don't want to mess with this and would rather buy once and do it right, but only with a proven product.

Based on what I've read it seems like everyone has problems with after market end links on daily driven street cars for whatever reason.

any suggestions?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I haven't heard of anyone breaking Moog RSB endlinks, yet.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Seriously. Unless you want adjustable endlinks, Moog are the best in terms of price, quality and reliability.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
OP what I hear you say is you have reservations with the moog links on stiffer settings, where I think the bar would be significantly preloaded, yes?

I have an adjustable superpro bar currently set at stock bar arm length using stock links. Like you, I'd like to experiment with stiffer settings and wondering if moog links could handle the preload or if that config is even desiable if the links would hold.

Anyone out there with first hand experience with the issue?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Don't use spherical/heim joint end links if you want them to last. Sphericals are great for race cars where they'll be replaced often, but terrible for longevity.

I'd you're not slammed, use the OEM ones or the Moogs (but paint them first). If you have coilovers and are corner balancing, then yeah, you need adjustables regardless of your ride height so the sway bar doesn't preload and fight your corner balance.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
The Moog endlinks look to be the best value, are there any reports of them failing even with larger RSBs?

Another option while still non-adjustable is the Kartboy end-links... they're heavy duty, and come with spacers to keep the orientation correct when installed. If those were available when I was buying, I would have very likely gone with them...

https://www.kartboy.com/collections/mqb-platform/products/mqb-rear-endlinks

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
I ran a 26mm H&R rear sway bar with the Moog endlinks for 3 years on my Mk7 gti. Never had any issues.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I ran a 26mm H&R rear sway bar with the Moog endlinks for 3 years on my Mk7 gti. Never had any issues.
but isn't the h&r non-adjustable? question is how will the links hold up with an adjustable bar which adds preload stress.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
All I can say is look at what the oem ones are made of and their design, then look at the Moog model. If you want adjustability, get some adjustable ones. But for any other purpose, you'll have a very difficult time finding a better/cheaper alternative.

I've found all the aftermarket billet ones to be junk other than superpro, but they're not adjustable either.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The Moog endlinks look to be the best value, are there any reports of them failing even with larger RSBs?

Another option while still non-adjustable is the Kartboy end-links... they're heavy duty, and come with spacers to keep the orientation correct when installed. If those were available when I was buying, I would have very likely gone with them...

https://www.kartboy.com/collections/mqb-platform/products/mqb-rear-endlinks
I used to use Kartboy and links during my subie days. They work well.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
There’s absolutely zero reason why Moog wouldn’t hold up.

Adjustable bars don’t preload, they use a smaller lever (hole is closer to the pivot point)...that’s the only difference.

A genuine concern would be if the 034 bar will hold up.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...trashed-after-only-one-year-10k-miles.358303/

Most reported failures are their engine, transmission, dog bone, & suspension mounts as well as endlinks...basically the full line up lol

Navi

Autocross Champion