GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing the EQT OTS (Staged) Vortex tune, on stock downpipe!

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Despite what the first post says, right now, there actually isn't an OTS staged Vortex tune. If you want to run the Vortex with a stock downpipe, it has to be done through a custom tune. And if you want to run a Vortex with an aftermarket downpipe, it has to be done through... a custom tune. So no matter what, you're getting a custom tune.
100% correct. I’m having a great time with the remote custom tune process.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Why would you want to run a stock downpipe OTS file with an aftermarket downpipe?

Mainly because I can just put it on and be done. I've done the custom tune process with revisions while fun, does take a while and there's not many places I can safely do 4th gear pulls. If I was to get another custom tune I would do it via dyno which adds its own cost and time.

My car also has 85k on it, I don't mind leaving some hp and torque on the table to run a more conservative tune.

And yea I would wait till the OTS tune was actually out before slapping on the vortex.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
We're actually actively looking for willing participants now that our schedule has opened up a little bit more.
Expect a post to come soon
Participants for? Im toying with Vortex and a couple others. I just got an IS38 and its fun, but it has me wanting more. Car hangs a lot in second as well, before giving me the sauce... its annoying.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
bc of traction? a hybrid ain't gonna help that
yep, its spin city if I stand on it in second. Tires I have tried the OEM Potenza, Michelin Pilot Sports, Firestone Indy 500's, and now I am on Conti Extreme's. The Conti's are the best so far, I still see the traction light flash for a couple seconds, except the car accelerates some as it flashes. Then when the tires hook, I get the sauce and the tach climbs.

*EDIT: It feels like an automatic rolling anti-lag. Unitronic confirmed this when I talked to them. It's a safety parameter dialed in to part of the tune.

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
Participants for? Im toying with Vortex and a couple others. I just got an IS38 and its fun, but it has me wanting more. Car hangs a lot in second as well, before giving me the sauce... its annoying.
Participants to jump into the Beta test program. Vortex Turbo + Stock DP Testing so we can release a staged file in due time once it's been tested in various conditions and elevations.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Participants to jump into the Beta test program. Vortex Turbo + Stock DP Testing so we can release a staged file in due time once it's been tested in various conditions and elevations.
Damn I wish I was stock DP.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I mean.. nothing stopping you from going Vortex with your existing DP ;)
Traction is. Even now I have to roll into it in 2nd. The party starts in 3rd and even that spins the first couple seconds during a pull. By about 4k I am finally hooked, then I tach out 2 seconds later and have to shift. I think Diggs is right, put some R888R's on and see how that goes. Bye bye $600 bucks for the day lol.