GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing the EQT OTS (Staged) Vortex tune, on stock downpipe!

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
This may have already been answered, but what about this setup with aftermarket cat back? I assume this would work just fine but interested.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This may have already been answered, but what about this setup with aftermarket cat back? I assume this would work just fine but interested.

Yep it would work just fine.

At this time we have not released Staged tunes for this because there has not been enough interest our there for us to gather enough data on enough cars to feel comfortable releasing an OTS file. Of course we are always happy to custom tune this setup as well as most setups in general. If we do end up releasing an OTS file eventually, it will likely require upgraded sensors so we don't run the risk of saturating the factory sensors and running blind boost control.

-- Ed

HalfGerman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Well maybe next year, I'll be like ....

f

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
so can this pass emissions with the custom tunes offered? is that a thing?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Well maybe next year, I'll be like ....

f
Going with a custom tune instead of waiting for the tune offered at the beginning of this thread has been well worth it for me. Turbo goes in tomorrow with a baseline tune waiting to be loaded.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
so can this pass emissions with the custom tunes offered? is that a thing?

Theoretically, there's no reason why it shouldn't. The tune doesn't interfere with anything emissions related, and the point of this setup is to retain the stock downpipe, so that wouldn't be an issue wither.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Is this also an indicator to expect a Vortex with stock IS20 downpipe tune? I don't really want to spend for an aftermarket downpipe that'll pass emissions checks, but more power is a thought in my mind. Not sure how much power I'd be leaving on the table with that setup, but I'd still expect it'd be a decent gain over Stage 1 IS20 on my GTI.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Is this also an indicator to expect a Vortex with stock IS20 downpipe tune? I don't really want to spend for an aftermarket downpipe that'll pass emissions checks, but more power is a thought in my mind. Not sure how much power I'd be leaving on the table with that setup, but I'd still expect it'd be a decent gain over Stage 1 IS20 on my GTI.
We're happy to custom tune anything with a stock downpipe.

-- Ed

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
riight, so if i'm on a stock downpipe, no spacers, retaining a HPFP and LPFP upgrade from my APR 6054 setup, i would swap in this turbo, and in theory get a tune for it, make the ~460whp and pass emissions?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
riight, so if i'm on a stock downpipe, no spacers, retaining a HPFP and LPFP upgrade from my APR 6054 setup, i would swap in this turbo, and in theory get a tune for it, make the ~460whp and pass emissions?
Assuming there's no CELs (meaning if you scan for them, not just a light on the dash) and if IL doesn't use a sniffer, probably

Passing doesn't necessarily mean legal though, if that matters to you

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
it most certainly does NOT matter to me lol.

No sniffer in IL yet! Just scan.

Fack. might have to do this. APR turbo just aint cutting it and so far, i'm not emissions ready.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Fack. might have to do this. APR turbo just aint cutting it and so far, i'm not emissions ready.
in that case what you probably really want is a downpipe. 460whp on stock downpipe seems hopeful to me but maybe the vortex on ethanol could do that

edit: just saw OP dynos again, looks like you would want to go e30 at least but even that will be ~440whp

Last edited:

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

You don't feel as if it's making ~400whp? You're still on a stock intercooler right?