GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing the EQT OTS (Staged) Vortex tune, on stock downpipe!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
If you look at the gains in percentage from Stock to Stage 1, and then Stage 1 to Stage 2.

The majority of the gains are made from Stock to Stage 1. This is true of almost all software on the market for this platform.

The gains from the addition of an aftermarket downpipe are minimal with the same airflow.

That said, we can move some decent air through the stock downpipe and keep it safe when calibrated correctly.
Still awaiting my acceptance for OTS MPI/AMDP/Vortex file. Thank you.

Runawayrogue

Car(s)
2015 Golf R
We will likely need more test cars to finalize these tunes in various conditions and configurations. So, if you're interested in running our Vortex turbo with a stock DP, please contact us so we can make arrangements for further testing and refinement.
Oh man... you're ONLY a 9hr drive away from Portland... So tempting...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
"That's 30 minutes away. I'll be there in 10."

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

You guys asked for it, so here it is - this is our EQT Vortex Standard Turbo on a 2018 Golf R with Stock DP and exhaust!

****COMING SOON!****

This car has a very simple setup consisting of:
✅ EQT Vortex STD Turbo
✅ EQT Tuned on Cobb AccessPort
✅ Autotech HPFP Internals
✅ Upgraded Intercooler
✅ Upgraded Intake + Inlet

We tuned the car on our California 91 Octane pump fuel, then added a few gallons of E85 and tuned it again on an E30 mix. The dyno charts below show a baseline run from a bone stock Golf R along with the 91 and E30 tunes.
One chart is showing uncorrected wheel power/torque and the other is showing crank power/torque calculated using the coastdown method on our new Mustang AWD Chassis Dyno.

Final Numbers:
439bhp/440ft-lbs on 91 Octane (+151bhp/+134ft-lbs over stock)
493bhp/466ft-lbs on E30 (+205bhp/+170ft-lbs over stock)
View attachment 246082

View attachment 246081
All on the stock downpipe and exhaust system, and without sacrificing any spool or "area under the curve" compared to a stock car!
These tunes will be the basis of our staged tunes that we will release for this type of setup in the near future.

We will likely need more test cars to finalize these tunes in various conditions and configurations. So, if you're interested in running our Vortex turbo with a stock DP, please contact us so we can make arrangements for further testing and refinement.

NOTE: Currently available for R/S3 only. GTI/A3 are coming soon. If you're interested in this setup for your GTI/A3, please contact us at sales@eqtuning.com!
@Cliff p. Hey Sir I hope this finds you well. I have everything I need for this tune. I saw that it was listed as available for R/S3, but I’d reached out to the sales@eqt… and was told it’s not available yet. Can you please clarify?

I’m out of town for a bit but was hoping to get the parts installed and need to know what the timeframe might be to get what may or may not be available. Please reply when convenient. Thanks!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
any updates on this?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I’m in contact with Dave at eqt and hoping he can get me going. I do not believe that the OTS tune, as described, is available as of yet.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Any updates on this? I have everything I need. I'd like to install the hardware next week.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@Ed @ EQT

Any updates on this? I have everything I need and really don't want to go with another tuner. I'd like to install the hardware next week.
if you really want EQT as the tuner, and ready to do the install, is the only hold up the price or the Etuning process as well?

considering a OTS is38 gti/gli tune from them is $350, and using the reference that when going custom with eqt the add for is38 is $50 and the add for hybrids is $100 there is a good chance that the OTS cost of this map would be near $400 anyways, so from the cost aspect really only $200 more for custom user specific map. plus is there another option anyways with other tuners for a OTS vortex (stage 1 or 2) map ?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
if you really want EQT as the tuner, and ready to do the install, is the only hold up the price or the Etuning process as well?

considering a OTS is38 gti/gli tune from them is $350, and using the reference that when going custom with eqt the add for is38 is $50 and the add for hybrids is $100 there is a good chance that the OTS cost of this map would be near $400 anyways, so from the cost aspect really only $200 more for custom user specific map. plus is there another option anyways with other tuners for a OTS vortex (stage 1 or 2) map ?
Really just need someone to be able to tell me when they can work with me. I'd do a custom tune at this point, I really don't care about the few hundred dollar difference. Lack of response and wait time are off-putting.

I've remote tuned with Tapout Tuning with a different car and had amazing response times, like revised maps on a Saturday morning from a datalog the previous Friday night. I don't expect amazing turn around times from EQT, as the stage 1 91 ots tune took weeks to receive, but an expected timeframe would be helpful for reducing downtime on the turbo install. Trying to do exactly what the start of the thread advertised, but it's actually not ready.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Really just need someone to be able to tell me when they can work with me. I'd do a custom tune at this point, I really don't care about the few hundred dollar difference. Lack of response and wait time are off-putting.

I've remote tuned with Tapout Tuning with a different car and had amazing response times, like revised maps on a Saturday morning from a datalog the previous Friday night. I don't expect amazing turn around times from EQT, as the stage 1 91 ots tune took weeks to receive, but an expected timeframe would be helpful for reducing downtime on the turbo install. Trying to do exactly what the start of the thread advertised, but it's actually not ready.

Hit up @Hoon for some info, see what his current tune workload looks like.