GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing the AWE Tuning Golf R Exhaust Suite. Available now.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust installed by the crew at HP Motorsports.

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an AWE switchpath installed on my MK7.5 R and have seriously been struggling to get the tips aligned. The issue is that the outer pipe diameter for the exhaust is slightly less than the inner diameter of the tips and there's a LOT of play. You need to really crank down on the clamps to compress them and fiddle with the angle. The exhaust should ship with shims. It seems near impossible to get everything lined up and looking nice. Any tips?

dorkultra

I have an AWE switchpath installed on my MK7.5 R and have seriously been struggling to get the tips aligned. The issue is that the outer pipe diameter for the exhaust is slightly less than the inner diameter of the tips and there's a LOT of play. You need to really crank down on the clamps to compress them and fiddle with the angle. The exhaust should ship with shims. It seems near impossible to get everything lined up and looking nice. Any tips?

have you tried wrapping the pipe with a bit of foil tape and then tightening down the tips?

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b
I'm a little confused. An earlier post said the switchpath valves functioned the same as OEM, but I see others using a remote control on the valves. Which is it?

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
I'm a little confused. An earlier post said the switchpath valves functioned the same as OEM, but I see others using a remote control on the valves. Which is it?

Both, actually!

The SwitchPath™ valves function the same as the OEM valves unless you decide to use the SwitchPath™ Remote. The remote includes a control box that overrides the factory valving to allow the exhaust valves, whether it be on the AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the stock exhaust, to be opened or closed manually via the SwitchPath™ Remote.

kch

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R DSG; 15 BRZ s.b
Both, actually!

The SwitchPath™ valves function the same as the OEM valves unless you decide to use the SwitchPath™ Remote. The remote includes a control box that overrides the factory valving to allow the exhaust valves, whether it be on the AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the stock exhaust, to be opened or closed manually via the SwitchPath™ Remote.

Got it; thanks.