GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing A2B Motorsport Protec High Flow Brushless Fuel Pump Upgrade and More!!

A2bmotorsport

Car(s)
Mk7R
!!!PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END!!!
We at A2B Motorsport have been working around the clock testing and shooting to become the leader in fueling products for the MQB Platform. We started with the RS3 Pump Retrofit which has been a major hit for ~1 Year now. In the effort to stay ahead of the curve and to fix a supply chain issue coming from using the OEM Audi pump we are pleased to announce our new Brushless fuel pump system.

Partnering with Protec Fuel Systems in the UK we have come up with and been testing the new leading edge of Brushless pumps for these cars. We have also made improvements to our wiring harness to reflect the top tier quality of products expected from our brand. Available with either the black RS3 OEM Controller standard, or Protec Fuel Pump controller as an upgrade. The pump will be unique to both the FWD and AWD cars. Instead of a “One fit all” pump module, the FWD pump assembly is the RS3 lower half with FWD Blue top hat. This allows the level sensor to be 100% plug and play and as simple as just plug it into the top. Installed into the top hat is a sealed Hermetic connector to a 3 pin Deutsch DTM Connector. The AWD Variant will be the same just using the Green AWD Top hat to allow ALL Level sensor connections to stay OEM with the same hermetic connector on the top hat. Our Motorsport grade Wiring harness makes the entire system Plug and Play to the car it is installed in with no cutting or splicing when using either of the pump controllers. The pump itself is a Protec Cobra High Flow Brushless pump. Using our own filter/ regulator allows the pump to seamlessly be fit into the basket assembly and the filter can be replaced as well if needed. These Pump assemblies are all brand new no used parts and the level sensor arm is a custom length so the gauge will correctly read at all times. These new pumps will be $1,150 and out flows the RS3 pump assembly. This setup is currently running a few G30-770 Golf Rs to 40+psi on full E85 and G30-900 cars on full E85, something the RS3 pump can not do.

We will now be offering DIY kits for the OEM RS3 pump kits. The kit will include, our Motorsport Harness, and hardware kit, and optional fuel pump module. This allows customers who want a lesser option to piece together used RS3 fuel pumps from RS3s upgrading or using their own brushless pump. The hardware breaks down as follows, Harness: $150, Hardware Kit for FWD or AWD: $50, OEM Controller: $150.

For Existing Customers of ours. If you currently own OUR, A2B Motorsport, RS3 Pump kit you will be offered to be able to have your pump upgraded to the Protec pump. It will be done by you sending your existing pump module in and we will install the Protec pump, and brand new fuel filter and regulator assembly with all the needed lines. We will only be doing this to customers of our fuel pumps. If interested please email Sales@a2bmotorsport.net you will need proof of purchase of our kit. Upgrade cost is $400

THESE PUMPS ARE CURRENTLY NOT IN STOCK THIS IS AN ANNOUCEMENT POST. ETA IS FROM NOW 2-3 WEEKS AS WE WAIT TO GET THEM IN. YOU CAN PREPURCHASE THEM AT THIS TIME AND PREPURCHASE UPGRADE KITS AS WELL BY EMAILING US: Sales@a2bmotorsport.net

First Graph is from Kerry Slimm tuned by EQT who has been testing one of our awd pumps for a while. you all know what his car can do.

Second Graph is from a UM Tunned G30-770 Car.
https://a2bmotorsport.net/.../rs3-diy-fuel-pump-pnp...
https://a2bmotorsport.net/.../a2b-motorsport-protec-high...

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    348.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    410.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 11.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 85
  • protec graph.png
    protec graph.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 96
  • graph2.png
    graph2.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 99

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Awesome news! I definitely gonna get the RS3 pump but glad I waited! So will this pump allow you to run full e85 on a hybrid (Vortex, Littco etc) w/o MPI or will that still be a requirement? Have the Autotech internels on my HPFP now.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Nice! So how much horsepower are they rated for on full E85?
Billy will probably reply with a blurry mph dyno with a missing axis, just wait. In all seriousness, that pump is rated similarly to an E5LM, 550lph @ 3bar. (which are advertised as 800hp on e85, 1000 on pump)

Awesome news! I definitely gonna get the RS3 pump but glad I waited! So will this pump allow you to run full e85 on a hybrid (Vortex, Littco etc) w/o MPI or will that still be a requirement? Have the Autotech internels on my HPFP now.

Your HPFP is a significant bottleneck against even the RS3 pump. You can only flow so much through direct injection.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
No lpfp upgrade will allow e85 without mpi. The hpfp and direct injectors just can’t supply that much volume.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks guys! Disappointing to hear but I guess if I wanna run full e85 (cause I don't want to dick around w/blending really) I gotta go MPI... will probably save that for next year.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys! Disappointing to hear but I guess if I wanna run full e85 (cause I don't want to dick around w/blending really) I gotta go MPI... will probably save that for next year.
Exactly where I was.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
@A2bmotorsport I recently purchased the DIY RS3 harness for FWD for a GTI. Since the controller portion of the DIY harness is much shorter compared to the standard RS3 retrofit kit harness, is it safe to install the new OEM RS3 controller in the LPFP mounting area under the plastic lid like the stock controller?

Also this DIY harness should be plug and play with the OEM RS3 blue top fuel pump and black RS3 controller directly from Audi, correct? Re-pinning the level sensor is a given.

I can't get the pump to function with everything connected correctly and trying to narrow down the issue. Getting P0230 'Fuel Pump Main Circuit' codes on an EQT OTS LPFP tune and 20a fuse installed.

Is there anything functionally different between the shorter DIY and full retrofit kit RS3 harnesses or am I missing something?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
@A2bmotorsport I recently purchased the DIY RS3 harness for FWD for a GTI. Since the controller portion of the DIY harness is much shorter compared to the standard RS3 retrofit kit harness, is it safe to install the new OEM RS3 controller in the LPFP mounting area under the plastic lid like the stock controller?

Also this DIY harness should be plug and play with the OEM RS3 blue top fuel pump and black RS3 controller directly from Audi, correct? Re-pinning the level sensor is a given.

I can't get the pump to function with everything connected correctly and trying to narrow down the issue. Getting P0230 'Fuel Pump Main Circuit' codes on an EQT OTS LPFP tune and 20a fuse installed.

Is there anything functionally different between the shorter DIY and full retrofit kit RS3 harnesses or am I missing something?
A2B hasn't been on here in months. Best bet is to email or message them on FB.

It's fine to put the controller in there, it's the factory location after all.
Those are the parts it's meant for.
I'd go through the wiring with diagrams if you can find them.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
A2B hasn't been on here in months. Best bet is to email or message them on FB.

It's fine to put the controller in there, it's the factory location after all.
Those are the parts it's meant for.
I'd go through the wiring with diagrams if you can find them.
Thanks and yea just talked to Mr Billy on this over the phone. Actual ECU wiring diagrams and pin outs are tough to find but I did map their harness pins via continuity checking and confirming with their team to make sure all is wired correct. Also he confirmed that the controller there works as you mentioned since they use a smaller harness to keep it compact.