GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intermittent noise

flogR

Ready to race!
At, on three occasions, a week or so apart, at 31,000 Km, after driving off from being parked, our Golf R 7.5 has made a noise similar to a worn CV joint from the LH front. It goes away after a couple of Kms. It doesn't matter if I'm cornering or not.

Any ideas please? ( I hate intermittent noises that cannot be produced at will ).

flogR

Ready to race!
After having both front strut bearings replaced, and a steering linkage lube done (following a TSB that I reckon should have been done as part of a regular service but wasn't),both under w'tee, it was still heard. I couldn't be bothered going back as the steering was smooth and accurate. Then I got a bee in my bonnet and got a helper to move the steering wheel while the car was stationary and I listened from outside the car.
It was very apparent from the REAR of the car and from there sounded like it could be brakes or even creaking from metal of the muffler.
Off to the service department and turning the parking brake off & on showed it was brake noise "The calipers do not release fully and/or the pads are very soft " or something. "It's nothing to worry about".