GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intermittent EPC P00B700 shortly after starting vehicle

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
This is the 3rd time I've had the Limp mode EPC light in 6 months and limited RPMs within about 30 seconds after starting car.

I can clear codes and drives absolutely normal. Already had aluminum revision water pump.

Codes are for coolant efficiency decreased and car starts blowing fans at full blast while EPC is on. Not over heating, no leaks.

Electrical demons?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
It's usually after I've driven it and had it parked so it goes right back up to 180-194

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I moved to Las Vegas and it has gotten more noticeable. Drive 15 minutes park for an hour.
Start up the car and immediately get EPC light, limited RPMs and coolant temperature is climbing 220 and up rather quickly. Radiator Fans are at full blast. Turn off car. Ignition only.

Pull codes engine coolant flow performance.(2)
Delete codes.

Start up car. Coolant temperature goes to 194, no lights, fans normal. Drive and nothing seems out of the ordinary. Ambient temperature is 108*

Temperature sensor faulty? Thermostat sticking?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If it does it when the engine is cold it sounds like a sensor to me.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Issue still persists very rarely. Only after driven and parked and then driven again. The temperature climbs up and up after starting like it's going to overheat in about 60 seconds. Turn car off and turn back on it reads right back at 196*.

I guess, temperature sensor is electrically feeding back into a loop somehow. I'll replace the sensor if the issue is more than a few times a year.

Ram961

Car(s)
GTI MK7
Issue still persists very rarely. Only after driven and parked and then driven again. The temperature climbs up and up after starting like it's going to overheat in about 60 seconds. Turn car off and turn back on it reads right back at 196*.

I guess, temperature sensor is electrically feeding back into a loop somehow. I'll replace the sensor if the issue is more than a few times a year.

Hello there guys,
I own a 2015 GTI MK7 Autobahn DSG.
I've been having this same issue for over 2 weeks...
Ive replaced the water pump, replaced the temp sensor , all hoses and cooling hardware checked for leaking...
And still having the issue...any updates about what happened with u guys? Any feedback would be appreciated.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello there guys,
I own a 2015 GTI MK7 Autobahn DSG.
I've been having this same issue for over 2 weeks...
Ive replaced the water pump, replaced the temp sensor , all hoses and cooling hardware checked for leaking...
And still having the issue...any updates about what happened with u guys? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum but unfortunately this is a prime example of wasting money on parts without a proper diagnosis.