GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting read regarding denied warranty for blown turbo and motor

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Note that VW dealers can detect any tune nowadays. And I would ask APR if their "stock" tune is identical to VW's stock tune. If it is, I believe all it will cost you is the labor to flash to stock and labor to flash to Stage whatever. Are you not a licensee of the tune? That way, you are entitled to it on that car for the life of the car or your life, which lasts longest.

The "stock" tune is NOT the same as the car as stock VW factory tune. APR (and all the other companies) have stated that you will need to re-flash back to the stock ECU setting when going in for dealer service.

A tune is connected to the serial number I believe, so you will own it for the life of the car.

Regarding the charge to flash/re-flash, it depends on the shop. The APR one we have here in Vancouver will do it for free when you come in for service and need to make a warranty claim at the dealer say. But if you just want a flash/re-flash, there is a charge.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Has anybody with a 7 been to a dealer and the car received a factory software update? I believe this is when detection will occur since the main server in Germany will read the ECU to check which version it has and when and where it was flashed to the car i.e. if it was not on the production line there may be a problem.
Regular visits will not be a problem and I think some claims should pass easily and other may not.