GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting find regarding Fuse 40

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I was hooking up my wireless phone charger (see Wireless CarPlay thread for more detail on that) and in doing so moved fuse # 40 from the top to the bottom position in order to make what I thought was a change to enable power to the 12v DC ports. I was under the impression that the top position was for constant power and I was having trouble getting the port to be energized.

In any case I now had power there. Interestingly the power did go off with the door opened.

A couple days later I realized that neither the right side mirror signal, the mirror adjustment motor OR the two passenger side windows worked.

I had assumed the recent dynamic turn signals I installed had failed on the right side.

Yesterday before I started to figure out WTH was causing this I happened to put the F40 fuse back in its other position. Voila’. That fixed everything and I still had power at the plug.

This is a 2019. Of course VW no longer has any fuse diagrams in the owners manual. Grrrrrrrr

I can only assume something changed with either the 7.5s or the 19 models. Anyway posting this so I can hopefully save someone else any grief down the road.

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
It's not a 2018 change, I know of 3 other 2018s other than my own that has constant power to the AC outlets. I actually recently put mine back because I the center console outlet to a dual USB outlet.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yeah I’m an idiot as it turns out. I had moved Fuse F39 vs. F40 and for some reason F39 also has two positions it can be placed in. Only one works. :sleep::rolleyes::unsure:

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn