GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler Upgrade Shops - Denver

68wooley

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG/DCC
Folks,

Anyone recommend a shop in the Denver Area to do an intercooler upgrade and - if you're familiar with the options for upgrades - what would you recommend? 2019 7.5R. There's a thousand threads out there on this and its a bit overwhelming trying to draw any conclusions.

I upgraded the intercooler on my last car and while doing so was kind of a rite of passage for 124 owners :), I'm way more inclined to just throw money at it this time. This is likely the only bolt on upgrade I'll do on the car, along with a phase 1 tune - it's a daily and needs to stay spouse (and, eventually, emissions) friendly.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I would recommend sittin pretty autoworks. Was going to have them do my direct replacement but decided to do it myself. They do great work and prices are reasonable.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
For stage 1 absolutely FMIC, whatever one fits your budget, and just do it yourself... As long as you're comfortable removing the front bumper its easy as pie.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Second vote for sitting pretty. Call (720) 389-8102

those cats will get u sorted

as far as intercooler. If you can do a fmic cuz u don’t have the lower radar sensor thing in the grill then go fmic. If not, any stock location will be way way better than stock

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Never worked with Sitting Pretty, but have worked with Salta, Bluewater, and Hardey's. All are super solid, but my go to is Hardey's. Honest, super fair pricing, and I'm a fan of their super laid back/no pretentious vibe. They aren't as "high shine" as Bluewater, but that's not really Hardey's game anyway. They have been around a long time and pretty much perfect reviews on Google, etc

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Never worked with Sitting Pretty, but have worked with Salta, Bluewater, and Hardey's. All are super solid, but my go to is Hardey's. Honest, super fair pricing, and I'm a fan of their super laid back/no pretentious vibe. They aren't as "high shine" as Bluewater, but that's not really Hardey's game anyway. They have been around a long time and pretty much perfect reviews on Google, etc
They definitely are. But for the price, sitting pretty is hard to beat. But if I ever wanted to build my motor I’d definitely want blue water to do it. That’s for sure

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Second vote for sitting pretty. Call (720) 389-8102

those cats will get u sorted

as far as intercooler. If you can do a fmic cuz u don’t have the lower radar sensor thing in the grill then go fmic. If not, any stock location will be way way better than stock

I put in a second vote for Javwohl :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Man you guys over estimate my skills by away lot. Granted it wasnt thay bad doing it but probably would pay for it to get done next time.

So far the only two jobs I've looked at and gone "Nah, I ain't gonna fuck with that", was an intercooler (so I went FMIC twintercooler instead), and helping a buddy replace a clutch (he just paid someone to do it). I was actually willing to attempt the clutch since it wasn't my car, but was very up front with my feelings that I thought it was above our skill level and there was a chance his car would just end up fucked in pieces in my garage.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
So far the only two jobs I've looked at and gone "Nah, I ain't gonna fuck with that", was an intercooler (so I went FMIC twintercooler instead), and helping a buddy replace a clutch (he just paid someone to do it). I was actually willing to attempt the clutch since it wasn't my car, but was very up front with my feelings that I thought it was above our skill level and there was a chance his car would just end up fucked in pieces in my garage.
The intercooler wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Broke a few things but still made it work.

My first manual car was a geo storm. Taught myself how to drive a manual with it. Had to replace the clutch after forcing the shifter into first will slowibf down from 100mph. When i got back to the shop to replace the clutch it was just a rats nest. On a fwd i would pay someone to do it. Done one on a miata wasnt bad at all.