GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler pricing: Unitronic = IE in performance?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Hello,
Ive read lots of intercooler threads and I like the Unitronic price of $699 with hoses. Am I wimping out not buying the champ (IE)? It’s looking $300+ more expensive.
Im is38 with UM Stage 1 tune, no plans for stage 2 on my 17 TT in NJ.
Cheers,
Rick

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
I went with the IE because I wanted to do the fanboy thing, but I doubt I am getting $300 extra performance./cooling.

Save some money and get the UNI if you plan to stay where you're at.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I think it has pretty much been proven at this point you don't need to spend $1,000 on an intercooler for this platform, but it's easy to find a company that will gladly take that money from you. As always, check the data.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I got a pretty good deal on my Mishimoto on Amazon, around $900CAD. Good unit with great fitment.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Good to see some review of the Mishimoto unit. Its been around now long enough that I would hope to hear more about it. BMP is running a sale on them as well which looks enticing...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Good to see some review of the Mishimoto unit. Its been around now long enough that I would hope to hear more about it. BMP is running a sale on them as well which looks enticing...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If you need one, get the Mishi, it is a terrific unit with next day shipping from Amazon.