GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
You might be thinking of my logs. I've got the same thing going on with EQT E30. Turbine actuator at 100% for much of the time and boost pressure between 1 and 2 psi below target. Iat higher than they probably should be vs ambient as well.

Seems something isn't quite right but aside from a cursory leak test where 30psi revealed nothing, I haven't done much investigation. It's too hot out to care yet.

Yep, all the logs kinda blur together I suppose. You have the Majesty though and car runs pretty well despite the numbers in the log if I remember correctly. I was thinking about that the other day, have you had the MAP sensor out of have a boost tap?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Yep, all the logs kinda blur together I suppose. You have the Majesty though and car runs pretty well despite the numbers in the log if I remember correctly. I was thinking about that the other day, have you had the MAP sensor out of have a boost tap?

It does seemingly run very strong. Itd be funny if I've been 10% down on power all this time.

No boost tap, and I've never removed the map. That whole system is stock aside from the IC and the new tip I put in 2 weeks ago.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
And no leaks. Strange. You don't have a shop rag in there by chance 😁.

Something is infecting our ICs and causing them to plug up. Must be the 'rona.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
And no leaks. Strange. You don't have a shop rag in there by chance 😁.

Something is infecting our ICs and causing them to plug up. Must be the 'rona.

Could be. I never did any logs before getting my accessport a month ago. The IC may have been wack all along for 18 months for all I know.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Hope not. Had heard a few cases early on where folks flushed them out with compressed air and had a bits of aluminum come out. Don't believe that would clog one to the point of restriction though.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Hope not. Had heard a few cases early on where folks flushed them out with compressed air and had a bits of aluminum come out. Don't believe that would clog one to the point of restriction though.

I blasted mine with air before install. No debris to be seen.

I dunno. Maybe a weld cracked? In a month or so I'll test more thoroughly.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You might be thinking of my logs. I've got the same thing going on with EQT E30. Turbine actuator at 100% for much of the time and boost pressure between 1 and 2 psi below target. Iat higher than they probably should be vs ambient as well.

Seems something isn't quite right but aside from a cursory leak test where 30psi revealed nothing, I haven't done much investigation. It's too hot out to care yet.

I have a similar condition, but not consistently: sometimes boost is pretty damn close.