GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’m tempted to pull the trigger on IE’s V2 unit. Any reasons why I should wait for some real driving data and impressions to be published before I order?

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’m tempted to pull the trigger on IE’s V2 unit. Any reasons why I should wait for some real driving data and impressions to be published before I order?

1. You can probably find V1 used for a discount?
2. V1 has been out for years with "real driving data" and there's confusion about whether it works well or not.
3. Minor changes to the dimensions of an intercooler aren't going to produce large changes to the cooling.

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
2. V1 has been out for years with "real driving data" and there's confusion about whether it works well or not.

Most of the data I’ve seen has looked pretty good and IE seems to be the “go to” recommendation by most people. Should I be looking at something else more closely? I know this topic gets pretty subjective lol.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Most of the data I’ve seen has looked pretty good and IE seems to be the “go to” recommendation by most people. Should I be looking at something else more closely? I know this topic gets pretty subjective lol.

You could probably throw a blanket over an IE, APR, AMS, or Uni, pick one, and get basically the same results. FMIC? Baun. /splitting hairs.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
You could probably throw a blanket over an IE, APR, AMS, or Uni, pick one, and get basically the same results. FMIC? Baun. /splitting hairs.
Amen.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Heres a test fit pic Lt did before shipping my fmic out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-200805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709-200805_Samsung Internet.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 149

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Last edited:

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Your FMIC data looks just like the CTS fmic on our GTi; cools great at first but quickly runs out of capacity as you climb through the gears. I am a but surprised considering that the Threadstone core has good reputation.

I was surprised as well because the Treadstone core (TR8L) on the LT Motorsports FMIC is rated up to 575HP and I'm making no where near that.