GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They're all going to cool less efficiently at that temp. As much as I like Neuspeed products I haven't seen very good reviews for their FMIC. Interesting that you said 38 degC that's the temp that is a warning sign for C19. 100.4 F.

Yeah, I haven't seen great reviews of it either.
What's C19?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I have my AP mounted, so I can track the IATs when doing pulls. Today it was cooling within 7-13 degC of ambient. Doesn't seem like a stellar result.
Still damn good if u ask me in 100F what are you expecting ambient? I don't think any of them get ambient unless spray. I think anything single digit is good and even better for being 100F my logs at 75 are like 4-6 so i would imagine at 100F 6-15

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have my AP mounted, so I can track the IATs when doing pulls. Today it was cooling within 7-13 degC of ambient. Doesn't seem like a stellar result.

That's pretty damn good. You're not going to equal ambient temp no matter what IC you have.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Still damn good if u ask me in 100F what are you expecting ambient? I don't think any of them get ambient unless spray. I think anything single digit is good and even better for being 100F my logs at 75 are like 4-6 so i would imagine at 100F 6-15

I'm expecting single digits Fahrenheit from ambient because Diggs said so a while back! 7-13 degC is definitely not single digits F. :)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm expecting single digits Fahrenheit from ambient because Diggs said so a while back! 7-13 degC is definitely not single digits F. :)

The higher the ambient temp the more you won't get in single digits.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
exactly this. in hotter temps the differential between ambient and IAT will widen. my neuspeed is38 FMIC seems to cool pretty well so no real complaints on IATs although I am curious if it is hampering my flow,

Not if you're IS20 ;).