GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler performance

git_fan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’m tempted to pull the trigger on IE’s V2 unit. Any reasons why I should wait for some real driving data and impressions to be published before I order?
1. You can probably find V1 used for a discount?
2. V1 has been out for years with "real driving data" and there's confusion about whether it works well or not.
3. Minor changes to the dimensions of an intercooler aren't going to produce large changes to the cooling.

BTD37

Ready to race!
2. V1 has been out for years with "real driving data" and there's confusion about whether it works well or not.
Most of the data I’ve seen has looked pretty good and IE seems to be the “go to” recommendation by most people. Should I be looking at something else more closely? I know this topic gets pretty subjective lol.

shortyb

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
A band from Boston
Most of the data I’ve seen has looked pretty good and IE seems to be the “go to” recommendation by most people. Should I be looking at something else more closely? I know this topic gets pretty subjective lol.
You could probably throw a blanket over an IE, APR, AMS, or Uni, pick one, and get basically the same results. FMIC? Baun. /splitting hairs.

morricus

Ready to race!
You could probably throw a blanket over an IE, APR, AMS, or Uni, pick one, and get basically the same results. FMIC? Baun. /splitting hairs.
Amen.