GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler install question.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll bet he likes hearing about your current project. Your thread is my favorite one right now.

Thanks.

When do you get your TPC turbo back btw?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So what's he doing now? Trolling WRX forums? Those guys live with their mothers.
Him and his wife bought a new house and he's just living a normal life. I don't think he's in any forum. He has a pretty big family that keeps him plenty busy.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I don't know how the heck you guys are getting the stock location intercooler in at two hours. It took me 5 hours to install my front mount. I used jack stands and was crouched down the whole time. I was not able to stand the next day. My legs felt worse than after a 100 mile bike ride.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I don't know how the heck you guys are getting the stock location intercooler in at two hours. It took me 5 hours to install my front mount. I used jack stands and was crouched down the whole time. I was not able to stand the next day. My legs felt worse than after a 100 mile bike ride.
It helps when 2 people are working on it, in a shop, that both know what they are doing and are well experienced with working on VW's. That's how it gets done in 2 hours.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Ha, I need to do both of those things soon.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Sheesh what FMIC was it. Did the CTS in like 2hrs.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Buy the clips that hook up to the rad - that's a must. I had to break mine and then wait a day for them to come in, so the car was on stands. I did it alone and it took me 8 hours, but I took my time.
Same, but I had the Ebay Majesty cooler which needed grinding / filing to fit properly. That was 2 hours of dickfiddle right there.

A lot of people oversell their skill level - i.e., they lie about it.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Sheesh what FMIC was it. Did the CTS in like 2hrs.
Lol...it was the Neuspeed. There were no hiccups in the install whatsoever...it was really straightforward. It just took a long time. The worst part was being crouched down. I do feel that if I had a lift...it would have gone by faster and my lower body would not have been sore the next day. I was so over it by the time I got to trimming the scoops on the bumper. You can tell I was over it and just wanted to finish by the trim job I did.

I do feel that if I had to do it again...and with a lift...I can probably do it in half the time.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A lot of people oversell their skill level - i.e., they lie about it.

Shit. I preface everything all the time that I'm nothing but an enthusiastic DIY'er who watches a bunch of YouTube lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did that exact same IC on my 2020 GTI and it took me about 8 hours completely by myself and taking my time to make sure everything went back in the exact same way and position it was in before the removal of the OE IC.

Did you have any issues with front sensor for emergency braking not working after install or throwing cel?