GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler install question.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Genuinely how long did it take you to install your intercooler? Specifically factory location intercoolers. I have to rent a lift and need an idea of how long itl take me and a friend to do. We have never Done anything like this before. We have done other bolt ons like downpipe, dogbone mounts, and easy stuff like that but never a time consuming project like this.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Depends on which IC you have. Mine, which is the CTS stock location, we had to do some trimming and it took a couple of hours with two of us working on it.
Integrated engineering V2 stock location

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Buy the clips that hook up to the rad - that's a must. I had to break mine and then wait a day for them to come in, so the car was on stands. I did it alone and it took me 8 hours, but I took my time.
Do you know what those clips are called/ where ya got em?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
I was able to do mine by myself on jackstand in about 4 hours. Unitronic stock replacement.
So do I truly not need a lift? My buddy has ramps i can use. Plus I have a garage to park it in so I would be less concerned about time

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
You don't need a lift. Ramps are fine, you also need something to hold the AC condenser in place while you are taking the intercooler off. I used a plastic box.
That makes sense. Thank you.