GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering - Why Can't I Find Any Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Dude. You still don't get it.

Do I need to quote your entire first post? Jesus, I feel like I'm taking fucking crazy pills.

I didn't ask for advice. I asked for experience and input related to a specific tuner. You gave me an MQB 101 lesson like I just appeared out of thin air yesterday.

Regardless of which tunes EQT has in their arsenal, I specifically stated "please don't recommend EQT as I will not be going that route"

The problem here is you just assume. You assume that everyone else is stupid. That's just not the case bud. BTW - You still haven't offered up anything useful, at all.

You still think your OEM intercooler is up for the task of stage 1, or did you take my advice and look into that?

When I write a reply it’s not just for you cupcake, it’s also for the people who actually use the search function to look things up for themselves. When the next guy comes along and finds you blindly writing off actual tuners they’ll also find good advice and be on their way.

You posed the title of your thread as a question. The answer is IE is a e-commerce company with one engineer and a marketing team...that’s why you don’t see reviews and data logs from them.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I'll jump in a give you an actual reply to the question you've asked.
I have a stage 2 high torque tune on my MT. I've had 0 issues with the tune itself, but general issues around modifying my car. Blew a hose, blew my downpipe off my turbo, and the big one was an unexpected computer update (thanks windows) during tuneing which bricked ECU. IE was insanely responsive and got everything fixed within a week (a long time without a car if you need it) at no cost to me. I cannot recommend IE as an organization enough.
I also LOVE my tune. I had their intake on my MK6 GTI and knew I'd get their tune on my next car. They've always seemed to be able to squeeze out a bit more power. I did have to upgrade my already upgraded clutch due to all the torque. I live in the SE, but have access to 93. I haven't pulled logs with IE's tool because I haven't felt the need to.
Looking back I probably would've considered EQT just for the protune, there's obviously a reason he is so recommended, but I will not be switching over unless I want to go up to Vortex turbo, which is doubtful.

Not sure why Jake and BadHombre are being so combative towards you. A lot of unnecessary hostility in this thread. Hope my reply helps!

edit: I did also start with their stage 1 for a few months and enjoyed it, just wanted a bit more power.
Thank you for the detailed response. I've had people PMing me which is funny. Was specifically told that the wrath of satan was going to appear after they saw my thread title and didn't want to take the chance at getting flamed for asking a question or contributing. I thought that's what this forum was for?

Sad that it's come to this. All I really wanted was to understand what options are out there. They say it's hard to see what's on the other side if you never explore. All perspective.

Last edited:

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
You still think your OEM intercooler is up for the task of stage 1, or did you take my advice and look into that?

When I write a reply it’s not just for you cupcake, it’s also for the people who actually use the search function to look things up for themselves. When the next guy comes along and finds you blindly writing off actual tuners they’ll also find good advice and be on their way.

Dude... Do you realize that I've been receiving PMs from people who don't want to be in the same thread as you?

Food for thought... (Insert dessert here)

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Don't see how it's helpful to reply to a question about a specific tune and say:

when OP specifically said they aren't considering the AP route. But go on, you do you
I was answering the question asked in the thread title. Seems like you're the one being combative

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I was answering the question asked in the thread title. Seems like you're the one being combative

You're a good dude, Hombre.

The only thing is you also tried to give me a tuning 101 lesson. I really do understand tuning. I'm not a calibration expert, but I have a lot of experience with the process. You also immediately recommended a tuning group I specifically asked you not to. It's almost as of you didn't read the initial post, at all.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
OP, I know this doesn't relate direct to your question, but reviews on IE's site about their Powerlink cable have been questionable. Many say similar things, works once and the support to fix it hasn't been great. Take that with a grain of salt, I find Customer support after sales, the biggest factor in my purchases.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Op wants ie tune, asks for feedback.

Replies say don't bother and go with something better (eqt, etc).

Op tells them to stop replying unless it's something positive about ie and will get it regardless of feedback.

Point of thread? Error 404.

It's your car. Do what you want.

/thread.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Op wants ie tune, asks for feedback.

Replies say don't bother and go with something better (eqt, etc).

Op tells them to stop replying unless it's something positive about ie and will get it regardless of feedback.

Point of thread? Error 404.

It's your car. Do what you want.

/thread.
OP specifically said that he is not going to use EQT and not to try and convince him that he should.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I have zero helpful input to your thread but will just say, I LOVE IE for their mk6 support. First, I bought their intake which was awesome (sound wise). It ended up having a potential defect where the clip for the 1 bolt that would hook the inlet pipe to the engine could potentially snap. If it did, you shoot them a picture and they send you a replacement with a new sturdier clip, no other questions asked. Happened to me, they sent me a replacement asap.

I then bought their K04 turbo kit and had no issues with it for the remainder of the life that I had the car. It pulled strong, however I did have APR as my K04 tune and it was TRASH, PURE TRASH. I know APR is the holy grail here on the mk7 but IE on the other hand had a good rep for their tune on the mk6 scene. APR again, was terrible on mk6 and I couldn't understand all their hype. It made me hesitant to listen to anyone saying to go APR on this car but new car, new platform, I'm sure APR learned from their mistakes.

Sorry I couldn't add any other input on your issue but saw the thread on my home page regarding IE and do like to show them some love and thought I'd do that here :D

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
IE is a terrible company that will turn their back on you when there's an issue. Have seen it first hand enough times to say that with confidence. Sadly EQT just hired IE's old cronie Dave. Only a matter of time before he starts with the same antics that gave IE a bad reputation.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
IE is a terrible company that will turn their back on you when there's an issue. Have seen it first hand enough times to say that with confidence. Sadly EQT just hired IE's old cronie Dave. Only a matter of time before he starts with the same antics that gave IE a bad reputation.
I doubt Ed will let him get away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.