GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Stage 2 tune issues

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Dragging up an old thread, but has this been sorted? I was literally about to buy the IE Stage 2 ECU/TCU for my MK7R as I already have their DP installed. I've used APR in the past who have been great, but it's 2.5k for APR or 2k for IE (New Zealand dollars) so figured I've give IE a shot... that said, this thread has me spooked.
Stage 1 felt a lot better. I’m stage 2 at the moment and reminisce about the time before a had a downpipe..

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Stage 1 felt a lot better. I’m stage 2 at the moment and reminisce about the time before a had a downpipe..
What's the issue?

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What's the issue?
Like the others in this thread have said, stage 1 just felt like it had more get up and go. It was fun. Stage 2 feels better in the high end, but not so much in the low end. Something else that I’ve experienced and should reach out to IE for is, at times, it feels like my tune isn’t active. It just feels like crap. My oil, plugs and coils are good. I’ve flashed my car back to the factory calibration, then installed stage 2 again. It felt good, then eventually started to feel like crap again. By crap I just mean sluggish, where you know something is off.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Like the others in this thread have said, stage 1 just felt like it had more get up and go. It was fun. Stage 2 feels better in the high end, but not so much in the low end. Something else that I’ve experienced and should reach out to IE for is, at times, it feels like my tune isn’t active. It just feels like crap. My oil, plugs and coils are good. I’ve flashed my car back to the factory calibration, then installed stage 2 again. It felt good, then eventually started to feel like crap again. By crap I just mean sluggish, where you know something is off.
The answer is logging it so you (or folks here) can look at what "feels like crap" is. Also helpful is removing the butt dyno and getting some data - 1/4 times/traps between the stage 1 and 2 would be useful.

S.villa

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The answer is logging it so you (or folks here) can look at what "feels like crap" is. Also helpful is removing the butt dyno and getting some data - 1/4 times/traps between the stage 1 and 2 would be useful.
This is true. I need to do it soon.