GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Software Tune

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Thought I'd share, I reached out to IE today about the timetable for their MQB software development. Sounds like they are a few months away from offering a tune for the MK7 GTI to go along with their DP and IC.

Curious to see how it compares to APR (as I currently use their stage 1 93 oct tune) and whether it will be customized or one size fits all.

I also asked whether they were able to share any additional details in the meantime. Will let you all know what I hear back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ebg18t

Ready to race!
There’s also GIAC options which we don’t hear much about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I mean if it's just another OTS tune, it's going to have to be cheap to compete with everything that is already out there.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
They could upset the market by releasing a flash at home DSG tune with higher clamping pressure that worked with everything for $500.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Wonder if we could ever have Meastro work on the DSG like it does on the ECU.....

I think it did for the MK6? Maybe not sure.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I would be interested in a dsg tune like that. Maybe allow you to make adjustments for shift points and LC?

Like you guys said, ECU software is plentiful. Don’t really see a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion
They could upset the market by releasing a flash at home DSG tune with higher clamping pressure that worked with everything for $500.

Agreed. With Cobb dicking around it would be a great time to drop a solid DSG tune that takes advantage of Cobb's erroneous outputs and offers solid clamping force for high power applications.

On the ECU side, not really sure why anyone would choose OTS when Cobb and Maestro exist, offering both OTS and custom tuning, big turbo support, cheap upgrades, MPI support, aftermarket traction control, tunes for different fuels, datalgging, etc etc etc.

I went OTS because Cobb and Maestro weren't out at the time. Huge waste of $$. Running an APR DSG tune now because I have no choice...yet another waste of $$.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
At this point, I rather have the APr dsg tune than the ED I currently have. No support in trying to make it better for the 1.8s.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
On the ECU side, not really sure why anyone would choose OTS when Cobb and Maestro exist, offering both OTS and custom tuning, big turbo support, cheap upgrades, MPI support, aftermarket traction control, tunes for different fuels, datalgging, etc etc etc.

Ive gone back and forth on whether to keep the OTS tune or move to a Stratified setup. Previous owner stage 1ed the car w APR so I'm not even sure I am able to get the discounted pricing for stage 2 flash once I decide to go that route. I also kind of like not having a Cobb AP on my dash (stock/sleeper look).

I am really enjoying APR's stage 1 tune but have nothing to reference it to (had a Revo tuned mk4 back in the day but that's about it).

If you were in my shoes, would you stick w APR or consider going the custom route? Car is mostly driven on the weekends to and from the mountains and back and forth from my family who live 30 miles away. Planning to do some autocross down the line maybe a few times a year. Stage 2 engine/trans mounts going in later this summer (maybe a RSB). Keeping stock springs/dampers till they need replacing.

Thanks guys!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Ive gone back and forth on whether to keep the OTS tune or move to a Stratified setup. Previous owner stage 1ed the car w APR so I'm not even sure I am able to get the discounted pricing for stage 2 flash once I decide to go that route. I also kind of like not having a Cobb AP on my dash (stock/sleeper look).

I am really enjoying APR's stage 1 tune but have nothing to reference it to (had a Revo tuned mk4 back in the day but that's about it).

If you were in my shoes, would you stick w APR or consider going the custom route? Car is mostly driven on the weekends to and from the mountains and back and forth from my family who live 30 miles away. Planning to do some autocross down the line maybe a few times a year. Stage 2 engine/trans mounts going in later this summer (maybe a RSB). Keeping stock springs/dampers till they need replacing.

Thanks guys!

Stick with APR.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Stick with APR.

Agree with Diggs (as usual), but if he decides to upgrade further and APR wants to charge full price for the stage 2 tune because you're not the original buyer of the stage 1, that's a damn good reason to make the switch.

APR stage 2 is what, $700?

Cobb with a pro-tune is $850 and you can sell the AP for $500 later.

Also, there is no need to keep the AP plugged in unless you are actively logging the car, so you do not need to mount it anywhere. Mine spends 99% of its time unplugged in the glove box. Once the car is flashed, it's flashed.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I don’t think it’s done by owner, it’s done by VIN. If you buy their downpipe new it comes with a free software upgrade.