GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering or APR Stage 2 Low Torque

JonFowler68

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking for any dyno numbers or reviews of this map. IE doesn't have much information on the lower torque file as far as how linear it is. I'm looking at going stage 1 low torque, update the clutch, and switch to stage 2 low torque for turbo longevity/drivability reasons.
APR has a stage 2 low and medium torque file. Can anyone share or have information on these tunes. Thanks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you search there's threads on both of those. I would get a Cobb AP and an EQT tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I searched but couldn't find anything. Got a link? I'm going IE or APR based on my local shops so have no interest in cobb or EQT

You didn't search correctly. Just type in Integrated Engineering or APR and you'll find the threads. I suggest you also search to see why I recommended Cobb and EQT over those.

JonFowler68

Passed Driver's Ed
You didn't search correctly. Just type in Integrated Engineering or APR and you'll find the threads. I suggest you also search to see why I recommended Cobb and EQT over those.
You didn't read correctly. I'm asking about figures for the IE stage 2 low torque file. There are no threads addressing this specific tune. Some posts mentioned APR med torque with positive reviews. Thank you for your recommendation to something I didn't ask but there's no need to expand on that information as there are already topics on those tunes.
Does anyone have relevant information to add?

boostnonu

Go Kart Newbie
Second on the AP EQT TUNE. I had APR low torque and high. EQT is smoother and a more useable power band. Sorry if this isn’t what you wanted to hear.

JonFowler68

Passed Driver's Ed
Second on the AP EQT TUNE. I had APR low torque and high. EQT is smoother and a more useable power band. Sorry if this isn’t what you wanted to hear.
Thank you for the honest review. Can you elaborate on your experience with both tunes? There isn't much information on the low torque stage 2 tunes so thought this would be a good thread to start.

The "Use the search" response is counter-productive. If there are already threads on these specific tunes please share a link and I'll rest my case.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thank you for the honest review. Can you elaborate on your experience with both tunes? There isn't much information on the low torque stage 2 tunes so thought this would be a good thread to start.

The "Use the search" response is counter-productive. If there are already threads on these specific tunes please share a link and I'll rest my case.
There aren't any threads that are just for the individual tunes you asked about. There are threads on those companies tunes that you can read through. Or call the companies and ask them. Check their websites. If there was a thread for each and every tune that the tuning companies have there would be dozens of threads cluttering the forum. There's too many tunes to discuss each tune individually in it's own thread.

JonFowler68

Passed Driver's Ed
There aren't any threads that are just for the individual tunes you asked about. There are threads on those companies tunes that you can read through. Or call the companies and ask them. Check their websites. If there was a thread for each and every tune that the tuning companies have there would be dozens of threads cluttering the forum. There's too many tunes to discuss each tune individually in it's own thread.
APR has figures for all their tunes posted on the website but I did reach out to IE regarding the low output stage 2 tune. They were going to search and get back to me so I will post what they send. I was hoping someone might’ve done their own logging and could share. These lower torque tunes aren’t commonly discussed but could be a good option for daily driving.