GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering intake

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The big metal piece that crosses the entire front of the car. It rattles against the rad I believe. I had some two sided tape there that held for a couple of months but now it came back. So I bought some thicker double sided foam insulation thing to try. It's upsetting considering how much I paid for it.
Did you install the intake metal piece underneath the radiator lip or on top of it? If you installed it to sit underneath it, then it shouldn't be rattling.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hold on, I might be thinking of the OEM air vents for the intake but I'll double check or maybe that's part of the radiator lip you're talking about.
I haven't looked at it in a few months, but from memory I'm not sure you can place it under the radiator lip. It's -35 outside, so no chance I'm having a look at it today.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I haven't looked at it in a few months, but from memory I'm not sure you can place it under the radiator lip. It's -35 outside, so no chance I'm having a look at it today.
I'm referring to the bottom lip for the air vents and hood latch, which is circled in yellow. You want your intake to go underneath it.

20220117_104200b.jpg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Well there you have it. I botched the install after I did my intercooler.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Well there you have it. I botched the install after I did my intercooler.
But who actually reads the manual? It lined up therefore it's good to go amirite.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
But who actually reads the manual? It lined up therefore it's good to go amirite.
Exactly.

I followed the manual initially, but after my intercooler install i just put it back the way i thought it made sense. Oh well. Thanks boys.

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Now you have me thinking I installed mine incorrectly. Like others have stated there is a screw on the passenger side but on the driver side it sits up slightly. Still below the front end air holes but it sits slightly up. This morning despite the cold because it was bugging me I took off the tray and the cone to see if I could adjust it. I cant see a way where it could go beneath the piece that it is sitting on. Especially with the raised lip in the middle. It seems to be in there fine as it should? I took some pics and a video.

This is where my finder is touching the pad I put down to stop the rattle

Video

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Was considering one of these eventually, but not sure if I wanna deal with rattling and such. Lol.

but yes I agree, I’m not exactly sure how it would “slip under” that.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Now you have me thinking I installed mine incorrectly. Like others have stated there is a screw on the passenger side but on the driver side it sits up slightly. Still below the front end air holes but it sits slightly up. This morning despite the cold because it was bugging me I took off the tray and the cone to see if I could adjust it. I cant see a way where it could go beneath the piece that it is sitting on. Especially with the raised lip in the middle. It seems to be in there fine as it should? I took some pics and a video.

This is where my finder is touching the pad I put down to stop the rattle

Video

looks normal. fits ok once you have the cover on and bolted to the spot by your thumb.