GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated engineering intake system

Martinezleo22

Hello there. First time to a forums page. Ok so here the deal, I want to install an aftermarket intake system for my 2015 mk7. No, I found one on offer up (integrated engineering intake system) and the dude wants $180 for it. It's a complete system and yes it used. Still in good conditions from what I can tell from the pictures, and he claims he only put 5k miles on it.

So, does anyone know anything about this brand, any good? Will it make my check engine light turn on? Would it be a good buy?

Just thought I asked these questions since I'm not too familiar with VW and they're parts. I'm a honda person upgrading to a GTI.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. You would be better off and save money by just getting a drop in filter from K&N or AFE. Same negligible power gains. I would get the dry filter from AFE.

Martinezleo22

Welcome to the forum. You would be better off and save money by just getting a drop in filter from K&N or AFE. Same negligible power gains. I would get the dry filter from AFE.

Thanx for the insight. I thought I read something like that before. I can just use that money towards other parts instead then, like maybe, some damn lowering springs lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Unless you want some noise benefits from the IE, I ran that on my car before switching to a close system, it’s loud and you can hear the DV very well. So it’s really what you’re looking for out of it, I’ve ran my car with drop in, the IE, and now a injen closed system and switch back to stock in between for back to back reference, From the driver seat it is a noticeable difference in how it’s more responsive to the throttle, not what I would call feeling faster just more responsive. granted even in the BEST case Scenario you could gain 8-10 hp - that not really a measure items from the butt dyno anyways.
Offer him lower then the saving between a drop in will really not be much.