GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Intake Rusting

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Happy with my IE intercooler. Fits and works perfectly.

my gen 2 intake along with IE turbo inlet pipe fit and work perfectly. No rust issues with the intake shield so far, car is my DD in Colorado

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm a big fan of plastics too. Thus why I have the stock intake still.

Mine is a hybrid.
Stock box/filter
ECS Tuning CF tube to Turbo, a nice piece for ECS Tuning. Best BF piece I have.
CF Unitronic Front Collector box purchased used off Forum Member.
CF for lower cost but one must watch and wait for opportunities.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Two words?
CARBON FIBER

Drive it hard, open hood, can still touch carbon fiber.
Metal and plastic = HOT.
meh so you can look at yellowed/discolored cf ? no thanks

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
you know this is all kind of funny actually. I have a friend who went ahead and had IE pretty much build a complete race engine (or shortblock then head separately) for a big turbo MK5 he was building. Round one, his balance shafts siezed on the first run, IE's fault. They provided him another engine, essentially, after MONTHS of dispute. The second engine he recieved was horribly built, had RUST everywhere and he went ahead with the install while documenting everything including their goahead saying it was fine. ultimately this engine was a complete failure and they essentially told him to pound sand and provided no further support. Really sad because he was out probably 15k. crappy company but damn i like some of their products, lol.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
GTIJake seems to get the most raving reviews. Tons of R&D from brand names seems questionable sometimes. Then you have Baun hitting it outta the park by himself.

The difference is my real job is to be critical of EVERYTHING as an aircraft mechanic. I visually pick apart every piece of everything which is a blessing and a curse lol. When I build something I’m just as critical of my own work and people appreciate that attention to detail.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Yellow or red rust! Meh
when do you ever see intake piping rust?....never... either way you can like your "carbon fiber" too each their own

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
The difference is my real job is to be critical of EVERYTHING as an aircraft mechanic. I visually pick apart every piece of everything which is a blessing and a curse lol. When I build something I’m just as critical of my own work and people appreciate that attention to detail.
The question is...are you going to make an intake? People wanna know.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No plans for an intake lol, Diggs nailed it

Even though there's no substantial increase from an intake people would buy them and the countless threads on intakes is the proof. It's one or the first things guys do.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Even though there's no substantial increase from an intake people would buy them and the countless threads on intakes is the proof. It's one or the first things guys do.

I know, they’d probably sell like hot cakes.
Old habits die hard and most can’t resist an intake even knowing the return is horrible hp per dollar.

Who knows maybe someday I’ll build some Titanium intakes or something cool, but for now I’m as busy as I want to be building stuff people can’t get anywhere else.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I know, they’d probably sell like hot cakes.
Old habits die hard and most can’t resist an intake even knowing the return is horrible hp per dollar.

Who knows maybe someday I’ll build some Titanium intakes or something cool, but for now I’m as busy as I want to be building stuff people can’t get anywhere else.

It just might take you over the edge to go completely independent.