GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake system

Skuter1123

Car(s)
2019 vw golf
hey guys, I'm pretty new to Volkswagens but I am trying to find a cold air intake for my 2019 golf 1.4t and I can't find anything online that would fit my car. Does anyone have any opinions on where to go. Or what other years would fit a 2019? Please and thanks in advance

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Don't bother not worth it & you can spend $$$$$....best is to get a good drop in panel filter like K&N or Green cotton, or ITG.....is the air box on top of the engine or to the side & in front of the battery?

Skuter1123

Car(s)
2019 vw golf
Don't bother not worth it & you can spend $$$$$....best is to get a good drop in panel filter like K&N or Green cotton, or ITG.....is the air box on top of the engine or to the side & in front of the battery?
To the side and infant of the battery

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To the side and infant of the battery

Right you ave it better than use as when that engine was first built the air box is on top of the black plastic inlet manifold...

This older style has various aftermarket air intake systems, which I was referring to....yours is a new system which is also on other VW cars..but mostly from 2019 onward....so brand new design...it might share some stuff with the 2018 1.5lt EVO engine, but again very little is made for it...

Even so in stock form these 1.4lt engines can be stage 1 remapped to 196bhp on 102ron fuel..thats if you have the 140 or 150bhp version...

Skuter1123

Car(s)
2019 vw golf
Right you ave it better than use as when that engine was first built the air box is on top of the black plastic inlet manifold...

This older style has various aftermarket air intake systems, which I was referring to....yours is a new system which is also on other VW cars..but mostly from 2019 onward....so brand new design...it might share some stuff with the 2018 1.5lt EVO engine, but again very little is made for it...

Even so in stock form these 1.4lt engines can be stage 1 remapped to 196bhp on 102ron fuel..thats if you have the 140 or 150bhp version...
So i can retune the stock ecu to go from 140hp to 196hp on all stock internals? It shouldn't ruin anything right?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just curious why you didn't just get the GTI? Welcome to the forum also.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So i can retune the stock ecu to go from 140hp to 196hp on all stock internals? It shouldn't ruin anything right?

All stock, ….The people who have tuned it to that are well respected euro tuning companies who know these engines....

You "might" have to limit torque in the first couple of gears as you'll toast the clutch & the gearbox isn't the strongest...so if your aim is to do drag strip & road races, get a different engine & clutch/gearbox...

Some people have fitted the bigger iS20 turbo from the GTI..with custom software...but that car had the DSG gearbox....which is easier to uprate to cope with the torque...