GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake manifold CEL ⚠️

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Got my AccessPort today and installed EQT Stage 2 93 and took the car for a spin. Wow, the throttle response is amazing, a little too amazing; more than I’m used to and I did a fairly gnarly money shift that went to 7Kish. Brought her home to rest and got a CEL next time I started. Ran codes and got these
9EEB0497-65BE-4E71-B687-2A35B9F407C8.jpeg

7C17F05B-C0CA-43F6-96D3-B4552C977C2E.jpeg

Is this related to the ECU adapting to the new tune, hitting a high rev in neutral or coincidental? Appreciate any input. Car is still running like a raped ape and definitely not limping (yet).

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I may have isolated the problem. This little hose blew off somehow. There’s a small split in it. It’s possible EQT literally knocked my car’s socks off. Will clear codes and test 🤓

885BAF7D-6D87-478C-BB34-DC6D0B173953.jpeg

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
This is my favorite part of that post I linked, just in case you wanted to know.

1604627385098.png

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
It’s idling more civilized now and the codes aren’t coming back. Before when I reset they came back instantly. Not used to throttle being so touchy, I did the lockout money upshift on 1-2.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I may have isolated the problem. This little hose blew off somehow. There’s a small split in it. It’s possible EQT literally knocked my car’s socks off. Will clear codes and test 🤓

View attachment 191287
Funny my hose is literally split down the middle from trying to take out the intake. Any idea how easy it is to replace it?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Probably only slightly harder than pumping gas 😆. Dealership would have it in stock cheap

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I forget to attach that hose ocasionally when i take out the intake box. Little F-er always seems to fall down below where i dont see it when hooking everything back up/

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I forget to attach that hose ocasionally when i take out the intake box. Little F-er always seems to fall down below where i dont see it when hooking everything back up/
Does it usually throw a code or is it kinda random?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
So the code reappeared again after leaving the car parked for a few hours. I checked the intake again, everything was tight and the car is idling and running strong. If the manifold was gone as the codes suggest, wouldn’t the car run poorly as I’ve seen/heard in videos with the same faults? Open to any ideas 😁

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Tried this. Still comes back. I reflashed it; no dice. Car is getting good mileage/performance I don’t know what gives. Regarding replacing stuff, what’s the $-$$$ in the hierarchy of parts?