GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Instrument Cluster Service Reminder Display Of Oil Change Nearing 5,000 Miles

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I've had my '21 GTI SE (USA) for eight months and it has only 4,800 Miles on the odometer. An instrument cluster service reminder now appears that in 24 days an oil change would be needed. Has anyone else experienced this oddity?

I read the USA Warranty and Maintenance for Gasoline Engine Models 2021 and it clearly shows that 10,000 Miles is the routine service interval. It's been driven normally and without a tune of any sort. I know I can reset the indicator, but I'd like to know if anyone has seen a similar message with so few miles. Thanks.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I don't think it's about the miles. In 24 days it'll have been 1 year. It's a 1 year/10k mile interval.

In 24 days, I'll have owned the car about nine months, but I see what you're saying. I think I'll stop by the Dealer today to see what's up with this.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
1 year from the date the car was built. Check the door jamb sticker, manufacture date is probably 10/20. Brake fluid is the same way - the change interval starts with build date, not when you took delivery.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
1 year from the date the car was built. Check the door jamb sticker, manufacture date is probably 10/20. Brake fluid is the same way - the change interval starts with build date, not when you took delivery.

You hit the nail on the head @KevinC . (y) The Service guy at the local Dealership said the same and added that these are supposed to be reset upon delivery, but it's sometimes overlooked. (I didn't buy my GTI at the local Dealer.)

Amusingly, upon parking my Cornflower GTI at the Dealership, two young employees exited and asked it they could take pictures and videos of it. They'd never seen one and were appreciative of its relative rarity. We had a great conversation about all things automotive. Nice to meet men at a Dealership who are true car guys.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
... Brake fluid is the same way - the change interval starts with build date, not when you took delivery.
Unless the VW dealership service writer is a moron, and insists you don't need a brake fluid change until you hit 30,000 miles. Okay guy, I'll take my business elsewhere.