GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing FEC/SWaP code to MIB with OBDeleven

max2508ter

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 1.6 TDI

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• OBDeleven with PRO license
  • FEC/SWaP code that you want to install.

Why I need/want to do it?​

• If you want Performance Monitor and VW is not selling activation code for it.
  • If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).
  • If you swap from MIB1 to MIB2.
  • If you move to another region and want your maps to work.
  • Entry level car is not equipped with CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Additional info​

• Will not work with VCDS (it can not change service to EOL).
  • Good to have developer mode enabled first to access full service menu.
  • Installing unsupported codes will not enable features.
  • Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

1. 5F → Change Service → End of assembly line mode (EOL)
  2. 5F → Security Access → 20103
  3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end
  5. Check in service menu if code was installed.
hi, can you generate me an app connect and performance monitor codes please? (i pay you) the app connect code is for my friend with a golf 7, instead the performance monitor code is for me with golf 7.5

Aqks

Car(s)
MK7 2.0 Variant
Only patched devices will see codes as valid.

I've Discover Media with Technisat 0245 FW in Golf, greenmenu+toolbox installed. Last question is how do I "patch unit" so I can use OBD11 as you do in video? Does it include updating FW into 0478?

Last edited:

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant

kuyon

Car(s)
SCALA
In dieser Liste:
https://mst2fecgen.mibsolution.one
Mir fehlt der Code
in MIB3 in dem Bild
Kann mir jemand helfen?
Ich muss SWaP-Code generieren.
Nun danke.

Attachments

• SWaP 00070700.jpg
    SWaP 00070700.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 219

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
00070700 - WLAN for SmartLink/AppConnect
This is for MIB3. Generator is for MIB2 exclusive.

kuyon

Car(s)
SCALA
OK danke. Ich schreibe hier, weil ich keinen SWaP-Generator für finden kann MIB3. Kann mir jemand raten?

Chrismac88

Car(s)
Passat b8

What is FEC/SWaP code?​

• Feature Enabling Code / SoftWare As a Product - mechanism to pack units with features and sell activation codes later on.
  • In MIB this controls App-Connect (CarPlay, AndroidAuto, MirrorLink), Performance Monitor, Voice Control, navigation region, and few other things.
  • Code is generated by VW server, contains VIN, VCRN, feature code, creation time and date, digital signature.
  • Code will not work on a different vehicle than it was created for (unless main unit is patched).

Requirements​

• OBDeleven with PRO license
  • FEC/SWaP code that you want to install.

Why I need/want to do it?​

• If you want Performance Monitor and VW is not selling activation code for it.
  • If you want AndroidAuto in Porsche (Porsche will not enable it, even if you pay).
  • If you swap from MIB1 to MIB2.
  • If you move to another region and want your maps to work.
  • Entry level car is not equipped with CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Additional info​

• Will not work with VCDS (it can not change service to EOL).
  • Good to have developer mode enabled first to access full service menu.
  • Installing unsupported codes will not enable features.
  • Installing self-generated codes in stock unit will not enable features. You need patch the system first. Otherwise codes will be marked as invalid.

How to?​

1. 5F → Change Service → End of assembly line mode (EOL)
  2. 5F → Security Access → 20103
  3. 5F → Adaptation → Transfer of release code for a SWaP function → paste in code → write
  4. 5F → Basic Settings → Release of SWaP function → slide to start → slide to end
  5. Check in service menu if code was installed.
Hi. Can you let as know where we can find patch for standard MIB. Every where can find just for harman unit. I done update to last version my MIB but can't find any patch.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
There are two websites. mibwiki.one with a huge knowledge database, and mibsolution.one with a lot of firmwares.

marinerro

Car(s)
VW Arteon 2021
Question, How long it will takes? What is the other way to get those codes to add for example EU region ?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
No one knows. Might take a year before someone figure it out, and then couple more before the solution is available to the public.

goni

Passed Driver's Ed
mr-fix any possible way that i can restore "Convenience consumer" not showing anything in MIB 2.5 after upgrading from MIB1? Dont have the old unit anymore so i think that feature needs FeC code