GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing FEC/SWaP code to MIB with OBDeleven

marinerro

Car(s)
VW Arteon 2021
I have VW Arteon from USA but it was build in Germany.
Version of Discover Media is showing Europe but maps and languages are from USA region.
Any idea how to unlock europe maps and region?

Attachments

• 20220818_143414.jpg
    20220818_143414.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 369

marinerro

Car(s)
VW Arteon 2021
MIB 3 FEC/SWaP - I need a list for codes to know for what they are:
00070a00
00070b00
00071c00

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
00000700 - Green Engineering Menu (GEM) MIB3 OI
00070400 - Electronic Voice Amplifier / ICC
00070500 - SDS MIB3 OI
00070600 - Rear Entertainment System
00070900 - WLAN hotspot
00070A00 - Apple CarPlay for MIB3 OI
00070B00 - Google Android Auto for MIB3 OI
00071C00 - Predictive route data for VW

iceorbital

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey @mr-fix thanks for your videos. I have a NAR 2019 Golf R 7.5, with an mib2 Delphi unit. The installed NAR maps FEC is 09410006 and I was wondering how can I enable the unit to read EUR maps. Would patching the unit with adding the 09400006 fec then enabling it work?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
AFAIK, FEC alone is not enough. You need first: conversion to EU FW, then patch with new FECs, change coding of the unit for EU. Not even sure how to do this with Delphi. I just know that messing with Delphi is risky.

esteticu

Car(s)
GTE
Is there another FEC/SWaP code for Driving Modes in the 5F navigation too?

Asking because after MIB2.5 retrofit, the GTE mode button works, I can see it in the Instruments, but no popup on the MIB display. I've tried the patched CAN datasets, no go. Charisma Adaptation channels are all Active. What else can it be? Thanks!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
There's no FEC/SWaP in 5F for drive modes. Only adaptation channels.
FEC/SWaP codes for drive modes/Charisma are in Gateway.

TEG

Car(s)
MK7.5 1.4TSI
Hello everyone! I'm an avid reader of the forum but never had the need to register or post any question until now, so I'm sorry that my first post would be a question!
I just reviewed my VCRN from the service menu screen at my Delphi MIB2 but only had a 9-digit code instead of a 10-digit. The last pair is uncomplete and I just have the letter F. Do you know (maybe @mr-fix that seems to be the expert here!) what could be the issue?
Thanks!!!

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Hello everyone! I'm an avid reader of the forum but never had the need to register or post any question until now, so I'm sorry that my first post would be a question!
I just reviewed my VCRN from the service menu screen at my Delphi MIB2 but only had a 9-digit code instead of a 10-digit. The last pair is uncomplete and I just have the letter F. Do you know (maybe @mr-fix that seems to be the expert here!) what could be the issue?
Thanks!!!
F = 0F

• Love
Reactions: TEG

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
ICC requires additional dataset to be send to the unit (VCP or CarScanner Pro). Once the dataset is send, you will see additional settings.

TEG

Car(s)
MK7.5 1.4TSI
ICC requires additional dataset to be send to the unit (VCP or CarScanner Pro). Once the dataset is send, you will see additional settings.
Just saw it in mibwiki, thanks again for your support and guidance!!
Most likely you'll see me around. It's hard to stop once you start playing around 😜

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
If you are going to explore MIB filesystem, you will need D-Link DUB-E100 and USB to UART adapter. Both for fun and in-case-of-emergency.