GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installing Downpipe without tuning!?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ha, you have obviously never raced a car. Who exactly is racing a car with cats, Im actually curious. And its interesting how you're concerned about how much damage running catless supposedly does for such a small gain, 1% or less by your description. Similar to shutting down an entire economy to "save" less than 1% during a pandemic. Where is your outrage there?
Bro, no.

That is a ludicrous false equivalency. Don't start that crap here too.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Bro, no.

That is a ludicrous false equivalency. Don't start that crap here too.
Bro, yes. I would love to continue this conversation, but you'll have to excuse me. I have a whole pile of tires to burn and a bunch of spotted owls to shoot.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m 100% for catted only, but I’m not calling people out if they don’t feel the same way.

Bottom line is catless pisses off Karen which leads to more regulations and more hoops for everyone to jump through. It’s common curtesy to run a cat, especially on a modern daily driven car.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Ha, you have obviously never raced a car. Who exactly is racing a car with cats, Im actually curious. And its interesting how you're concerned about how much damage running catless supposedly does for such a small gain, 1% or less by your description. Similar to shutting down an entire economy to "save" less than 1% during a pandemic. Where is your outrage there?

"In Europe, pretty much all race cars are required to run a catalytic converter or two. BTCC, WTCC, WRC, WEC, Le Mans, you name it and the rules require a catalyst as part of a functioning emissions control system."

http://speed.academy/how-catalytic-converters-work/#:~:text=Catalytic Converters Work-,And Why Racers Should Play Clean,a functioning emissions control system.

First result on google but hey I guess you're a 'murica trumpet so no discussion to be had.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
"In Europe, pretty much all race cars are required to run a catalytic converter or two. BTCC, WTCC, WRC, WEC, Le Mans, you name it and the rules require a catalyst as part of a functioning emissions control system."

http://speed.academy/how-catalytic-converters-work/#:~:text=Catalytic Converters Work-,And Why Racers Should Play Clean,a functioning emissions control system.

First result on google but hey I guess you're a 'murica trumpet so no discussion to be had.
We're not in Europe. You said "most use cats". What does your deeply researched article say about North America? We're all impressed with your ability to use Google though, outstanding! MURICA!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
JFC. Please don't compare horsepower to human lives.

morricus

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
JFC. Please don't compare horsepower to human lives.
I can make any comparison I want. Until this insanity ends, our suffering kids can get back to school, our decimated economy is allowed to recover, and catless cars are allowed to roam freely on our highways, the comparisons will likely continue. Well, maybe the catless car part is a stretch, but whatever.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
IanCH would lose his mind if he saw the guys at the drag-strip that have dump tubes coming right off of their turbos. Anyways, he's just a Troll looking for a fight or something. But what do I know, according to this fool, I'm just a poser because I rock PS4S. Lol... That comment had me laughing pretty good.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
IanCH would lose his mind if he saw the guys at the drag-strip that have dump tubes coming right off of their turbos. Anyways, he's just a Troll looking for a fight or something. But what do I know, according to this fool, I'm just a poser because I rock PS4S. Lol... That comment had me laughing pretty good.

I always knew you were a poser. So why is it that I want to be like you? Well your car at least. 🤣

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Dedicated drag cars drive maybe 10-20 miles per year, I think that’s a safe exception lol

There’s maybe a dozen MQB cars that are trailer queens in the entire world.