GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed S3 Resonator Delete kit on my Golf R

GolfGTI2014

Passed Driver's Ed
Yesterday, I installed the Audi S3 factory resonator delete kit. I followed the instructions in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYUo4qmSmI

It was a very easy update, took about 45 minutes and only cost a bit over $200. I am surprised that I have not found much discussion on this topic. I think it sounds very nice and for those who want a bit more of a sporty sound, you cannot beat the price.

dynastyss

Ready to race!
Yesterday, I installed the Audi S3 factory resonator delete kit. I followed the instructions in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYUo4qmSmI

It was a very easy update, took about 45 minutes and only cost a bit over $200. I am surprised that I have not found much discussion on this topic. I think it sounds very nice and for those who want a bit more of a sporty sound, you cannot beat the price.

Any opinion on drone? How much louder would you think it is?

GolfGTI2014

Passed Driver's Ed
No drone that I can detect. Note, I do have the soundaktor disconnected. It is about 20-25% louder. Sounds about what I expect it should have sounded like from factory....

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie

very interested. can you upload a clip of the sound please :)

Andro1

Ready to race!
wow this could be great solution. Stock exhaust looks nice but some may like a bit more sound. Would be nice to see some link for parts + video of cars driving around)

pat656

Couldn't a good muffler shop make this and install it? I would think it should cost less than $100 and it'd be welded instead of clamped (potential for leaking).

But I could be wrong....could anyone else chime in on this?

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Couldn't a good muffler shop make this and install it? I would think it should cost less than $100 and it'd be welded instead of clamped (potential for leaking).

But I could be wrong....could anyone else chime in on this?

Actually you're 100 percent correct actually even cheaper 50-80 bucks but this kit allows for easy reverting back to the original res and is easy to do at home with no welding which is the premium people will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat656

Actually you're 100 percent correct actually even cheaper 50-80 bucks but this kit allows for easy reverting back to the original res and is easy to do at home with no welding which is the premium people will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Just didn't know if the kit came with something not pictured. I installed long tube headers and removed the cats from my truck so basically a straight free flowing exhaust setup and had everything welded in place for pretty cheap.

I'm guessing the kit would be a stainless pipe though?

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Good to know. Just didn't know if the kit came with something not pictured. I installed long tube headers and removed the cats from my truck so basically a straight free flowing exhaust setup and had everything welded in place for pretty cheap.

I'm guessing the kit would be a stainless pipe though?

correct its high quality stainless steal which would help against rusting. people will say the price is too high but in reality you are paying for the quality materials you are getting to me its a dead on fair price