GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed my Turbo muffler delete on my mk7 GTI and had 4 errors on my system after

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
1E8939A2-C42C-4DBE-A577-5F8004668BAF.jpeg
I just installed my muffler delete and after installing i got these error messages. Did i do anything wrong? How can i fix this?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
did you disconnect battery to install? If so they should go away. If not you prob disconnected something by accident (or didn't re-seat it)

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
And reset your clock.... So folks also find they have to reset the auto up/down on the windows too after a battery disconnect.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
And reset your clock.... So folks also find they have to reset the auto up/down on the windows too after a battery disconnect.
That reminds me, I need to reset my clock after installing a boost tap yesterday. Strangely enough, windows worked just fine. That's a first for any VW I've owned.

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
Will try them all tomorrow. Probably drive to a supermarket cause that’s the only place we’re allowed to go to. Thanks a lot for the input. Stay safe guys

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
sometimes these codes can leave faults in the ecu memory. I had an instance where my battery was dead/out for about 6 hrs, and once i had a new battery in, my steering wheel just felt "rubbery". No matter the setting it kept feeling as if everything was delayed by a half second. I used my obd11 and found a tpms alert, transmission alert, steering position sensor alert, and of course the "you're not paying for satellite radio so we're disabling it" alert. I cleared them all, the steering felt immediately better, and my satellite radio worked for 5 minutes before it was disabled again. All of the dash codes it normally throws went away within a 1 mile drive, initially. 🤷‍♂️