GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Euro Engine Cover

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Don't take personally but hard to see how they fall off if installed correctly. Held on by three locations. One is a hook so not a secure spot on its own. One is a ball and rubber cup connector like on engine cover, so if on well holds on. The third is a long center arm that clips into a hold. To remove the clip has to be pressed in order to pull out. If long arm clip working and locked in and rubber cup/ball installed correctly it should hold. I have had mine for 6 years. On my second one because I forgot the left side is a hook and not a cup so pulling this side not good. Even with broken hook on left side it never came off.
No offense taken and I'm glad it's worked out for you. Honestly, it was mounted exactly as you're noting and when I inspected it I didn't find anything had broken. I've found more instances online of people with similar issues and it does seem odd they no longer install them.

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
No offense taken and I'm glad it's worked out for you. Honestly, it was mounted exactly as you're noting and when I inspected it I didn't find anything had broken. I've found more instances online of people with similar issues and it does seem odd they no longer install them.
I was going to add before your read, that if mine fell off I would be causios also. I think they removed from part of the car as cost cutting item like some other items recorded on forum. Was never an MK7 USA item that I know of. My first one came from Deutsche Auto but my second one was a cheaper one from Ali-express. Both looked similar.

Attachments

• DBEA28D2-91D5-47B7-8F5D-6EFE0660FBF9.jpeg
    DBEA28D2-91D5-47B7-8F5D-6EFE0660FBF9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 76
  • 2EE7D6D7-DFA9-474A-BBB4-0739161EE10F.jpeg
    2EE7D6D7-DFA9-474A-BBB4-0739161EE10F.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So when I got home tonight and inspected mine a bit closer, the clip on the arm definitely failed. It was intact when installed felt solid, and was driven for quite some time. Not sure why the clip failed but this cover is officially done.
20210324_193019.jpg
20210324_192911.jpg

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
If they had just made it attach with 3 ball and rubber cups more like main engine cover it would have been better. The three different connectors to hold in place, are just odd.

Last edited: