GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

infotainment system connections

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
I have several on the rear of my pro nav MIB 1.

Quad lock/SOT connector

2 combined white fakra ones

1 black small multi connector ( near Quadlock plug)

1 black fakra

1 blue fakra

1 yellow fakra 4 pin (optical)

1 grey fakra 4 pin (optical)

The last two are optical I think, me goes to a RVC but no idea what the other one right next to it goes to. Can someone confirm what each one does/ or goes to. I know two go to the screen but my maths isn't adding up at the moment. Just need confirmation of what goes to what etc.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I have several on the rear of my pro nav MIB 1.

Quad lock/SOT connector

2 combined white fakra ones

1 black small multi connector ( near Quadlock plug)

1 black fakra

1 blue fakra

1 yellow fakra 4 pin (optical)

1 grey fakra 4 pin (optical)

The last two are optical I think, me goes to a RVC but no idea what the other one right next to it goes to. Can someone confirm what each one does/ or goes to. I know two go to the screen but my maths isn't adding up at the moment. Just need confirmation of what goes to what etc.

here you go

EDIT: After more thinking and searching through my database, I've changed the descriptor on the extreme RH connector. My previous diagram had this as MOST, but it can't be because this connector isn't on the Discover Media unit and it is also a MOST device. I'm fairly certain that this connector is actually for the TV unit which I understand is fitted for the Japanese market. It's certainly not available in Australia and I don't think that it is an option in UK, or NAR models- can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

dc22

Ready to race!
I am somewhat curious as to why youre asking for this info. I have the MIB1 and I am still hopeful of an aftermarket headunit that could work with car play.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Don't suppose you know where the RVC connects on these units. Older RNS used to have a Fakra connector from camera to h/unit

Nitsrik: That's a very good question to which (alas) my response is NO! The RVC camera does have a video cable with a Fakra connector, but the diagrams that I have in my database don't indicate a matching socket on either the rear of J794, or the display head (J685) - see below

Perhaps there is an extra Fakra socket on the rear of J794 that's not shown in my diagram - strange because a RVC is (almost) a standard fitting. But it's likely that the video cables from the RVC could be spliced/directly connected to socket H as shown below (it being designated a multi-media input)- I'm not sure but I'd welcome anyone else's advice on this matter

cheers
Don
PS: There are also 2 wires that connect from the RCV unit to the quadlock socket as shown below (connector L, PINS #6 and #12):

These connections are also shown in my "simplified" wiring diagram for the RVC shown below (which I made for a different, but related question in another forum):

PPS: Please note the EDIT comment in my first post

Last edited:

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Do you have Dynaudio/Fender HiFi upgrade at all?

The external amp is fed by a CANBus controlled optical line output. Is why these units have Optical out.

rafaelsgon

Nitsrik: That's a very good question to which (alas) my response is NO! The RVC camera does have a video cable with a Fakra connector, but the diagrams that I have in my database don't indicate a matching socket on either the rear of J794, or the display head (J685) - see below

Perhaps there is an extra Fakra socket on the rear of J794 that's not shown in my diagram - strange because a RVC is (almost) a standard fitting. But it's likely that the video cables from the RVC could be spliced/directly connected to socket H as shown below (it being designated a multi-media input)- I'm not sure but I'd welcome anyone else's advice on this matter

cheers
Don
PS: There are also 2 wires that connect from the RCV unit to the quadlock socket as shown below (connector L, PINS #6 and #12):

These connections are also shown in my "simplified" wiring diagram for the RVC shown below (which I made for a different, but related question in another forum):

PPS: Please note the EDIT comment in my first post
Friend, If I use these conectors 6 and 12 of L socket, can I install an aftermarket camera in my Golf if MIB first generation with Discover Media 5.8"? Best Regards

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Friend, If I use these conectors 6 and 12 of L socket, can I install an aftermarket camera in my Golf if MIB first generation with Discover Media 5.8"? Best Regards

rafael: Hi. It really depends on the protocols that are used in the after market camera. You will need to change some coding/apadtation channel settings in the BCM and the MIB

Don

rafaelsgon

rafael: Hi. It really depends on the protocols that are used in the after market camera. You will need to change some coding/apadtation channel settings in the BCM and the MIB

Don

Don, thank you for our reply... But I don't know how to do this, could you send to me some steps?

I recently bought a golf Mk7 14 with MIB first version Discover Media 5.8". I wonder wants to know if you could help me make some improvements sending photos and videos stating what should I buy to make these changes. Here are my doubts:

1 'I would like to mirroring iphone6 ​​to be able to use the iPhone GPS is more updated and has real-time traffic, if I need a red AMI cable 30 pins over a 30 adapter for 8-pin to the iPhone like this:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Adap...2676794790.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.75.CaL5kI
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs..._4&btsid=bb8df1a6-f995-418c-8b8a-543a86fe2ece

2' I would like to update the firmware if possible to be able to use the spotify. Are these docs correct? How could I use them?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PFsIK_POjPl75V32fkN4ngOXq772Y7EIC4vAF5W904M/mobilebasic

3' I would like to place a back camera like this:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/HD-C...2506380466.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.86.HsdNgJ

So, thanks in advance,
Rafael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peppino

Hi guys,

I decided to replace my basic head unit to a Composition Media model. The one I have is a all-in-one unit with display and CD built together. The Composition Media has a separate display and a remote head unit in the glovebox.
I have bought a glovebox that is capable of accepting the MIB unit, and a cable pack, like the one in the picture.

I know almost everything that needs to be done, but I have no idea what these two orange wires are good for.
Can you please tell me where I need to connect the other end?