GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment display suddenly went out

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
MIB2 8 inch Composition display. Suddenly went out today. All I see is the backlighting. Trying a power button hold for reset doesn’t help. I can toggle among SAT/FM/AM using the radio button on top left. I can also toggle the instrument display between radio/phone/CarPlay etc. Other than the radio button on the main unit nothing else works and no display at all including reverse camera.

Any ideas before I go to the dealer?

Thanks .

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Thought of that but there’s power to the unit itself and the radio does work. Screen is just blank.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like the screen just went bad like it can do on a smartphone.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yeah think so also. It’s under warranty. Heading to the dealer tomorrow. Assume they’ll have to order whatever part is needed.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Unplug your lightning or usb c cable completely. Then start the car. It’s how mine started working again this one time it happened.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yeah I unplugged the usb cable. No effect.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
No. A bit timid to do so. Would rather have the dealer do that and deal with the settings and possible cal required. Thoughts?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No. A bit timid to do so. Would rather have the dealer do that and deal with the settings and possible cal required. Thoughts?
It's not a big deal to just disconnect the battery. Won't hurt anything.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Mute point for now. So this morning it started right up perfectly normally. Did a reset and that worked properly also. Very odd. I’ll keep my eye on it obviously. We now know it’s not a power issue.