GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

info on this r for sale

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
A lot of users here have mud flaps lol

edit: The car is Wilmington DE, I actually lived there for a few years... It barely snows, maybe a dozen days a year, but they could have been driving up to the PA mountains or maybe the car was from there... or they are just for show....

Last edited:

veedubn73

Ready to race!
i dont mind the mud flaps, i moved out of the city on 4 acres and my drive way is gravel. my 04 r32 literally drags across it and the corrado on drag tires is a pain to get up the hill so those i dont mind as much. i had a sponser from bfi years ago so ill grab a knob and see how well i deal with the wheel lol the enki wheels arnt my fav but ill live for now. i was just happy to save on the tune and hardware to start. like i said, i have race cars so wasnt for that, just wanted another fun daily since my kids are getting older. i hope some one figures out whos car this was just so i have back ground info. if you all could share on any face book groups or whatever thanks in advance!!

veedubn73

Ready to race!
heres the corrado for fun at tx2k hahaha

Attachments

• RB_06654-S.jpg
    RB_06654-S.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 50

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
We all want to buy clean, one owner, garaged, grandma driven only on the weekend cars.

That is until we want to sell our cars and get a buyer for our modified to our liking cars. Or we’ll spend all sorts of time swapping back the stock parts to give the illusion of a babied stock car.

Don’t sweat it, clean it up as you see fit and enjoy it.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Or we’ll spend all sorts of time swapping back the stock parts to give the illusion of a babied stock car.

I love that move... Then after all the pain and effort to swap back to stock, they spend the next year or 2 trying to sell off the removed parts here or on FB/craigslist for way to cheap.
Its dishonest and it effectively castrates the car, which used to be much cooler, before it was passed on.... Just be straight up, sometimes enthusiast owned is better than "Grandma" owned...

Even then... does grandma even know to not hoon it before oil hits 180F? etc? Assuming a grandma isn't ripping her Golf R is hilarious.
Doesn't even need to be a Grandma, it can be a young dude that isnt confortable modding... they can still drive it hard.

95% of the mods these cars end up with are the usual: tune, intake, exhausts, coilovers, etc... all these mods are harmless, the only issue, if you care, is it voids warranties.....
Only like 5% of people are doing more elaborate things like turbo swaps or MPI.....

Would you rather get a normal ("babied") car with 50k mi that ran an OTS tune all its life or a stock car that was abused, WOT every drive cold, several track days a year, etc....?
Imo, the car having mods or not are irrelevant, the PO being a grandma doesn't mean it isnt abused. In fact, chance are, the car will be better cared for by an enthusiast.

veedubn73

Ready to race!
yeah, ive owned about every vw and level you can imagen , been a master vw tech for years and like i said, just wanted to get back into a fun daily as kids are getting older now. i think i got that just fine in this car. sucks the owner has ghosted hahaha just wanted to pick his brain. it will be cared for and cleaned up for sure but alot i dont mind about it. hell the tunes save so much money being done, i already have lowering springs and multiple intake options even though it has the apr one just laying around . seems like maintanence has been done pretty well from past vw records and carfax and at dealers so thats promising too. just hard to find right now for sale at a "decent" price and i had option for the new r but the market over paying drove me from that even at a employee level. plus ive seen all sorts of issues already with the mk8 unfortunately. but excited to get this and make it my own

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I love that move... Then after all the pain and effort to swap back to stock, they spend the next year or 2 trying to sell off the removed parts here or on FB/craigslist for way to cheap.

On that note...

You wanna buy an Accessport? 🤣

veedubn73

Ready to race!
I'm most curious of what exhaust that is! Lol

veedubn73

Ready to race!
Well just drove it. Wife is cleaning it up and doing paper work to drove home tomorrow.
Has apr stage 2 high torque with dsg tune, miltek cat back , ie down pipe, full apr intake amd inlet , apr intercooler, lowered on springs, new tires,
I'm happy! Just swap the bfi knob on amd remove the steering wheel wrap!

veedubn73

Ready to race!
Well swapped turbos ebd of last year but trapping 160 on less boost. Still got like 10-15 more to pounds to go. Would like a high 8 low nine consesnt for now