GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indium Gray Metallic Money Pit Mk7.5R

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Wellp, just about wrapped up on the suspension. Not much to see besides the current monster truck fitment on their suggested starting preload. Some notes:

40" breaker bar made the 180deg on the axle bolts pretty easy.
Don't let an ABS wire get caught in a bolt while you're tightening it. You'll have a really bad day.

The whiteline rear endlink instructions don't make sense to me. The instructions say to put the spacers behind the link to reduce preload for the soft setting. But the softer hole is further back, so putting both spacers in front of the link (moving it back) seems to make more sense? Definitely has less tension in "unladen position" this way.

312504766_778537609904087_2305893163321890876_n.jpeg

I put the DCC cancelers on the rear of the struts and the front of the shocks. The KW manual says to put them towards the outside of the car but there just isn't clearance between the shock and a +45mm wheel. Hope someone else can share how they routed everything to avoid rubbing through any of the wiring.

Now to fix some leaks/wiring problems, get aligned, re-tune the ECU, and get the LSDs installed over the winter. Should be a pretty awesome spring!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yes, there seems to be more room in the rear between the brake shield and above and below the canceler
Yeah, that's way smaller.

Got my ABS wiring fixed and the SPC camber arms in. Removed the bar-tek filter adapter, going to try out this sega stack tomorrow.

1667187642175.png

The mocal kit @bobivy1234 linked came with -10 (thanks amazon), gonna swap in some -8 setrab fittings to use my bar-tek lines. Should probably re-do it with -10 line but I don't feel like pulling the bumper.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
btw - is Quaife planning to make a rear diff too?
So...

1667232825844.png

Been pestering @mmdb for about 5 months trying to buy this off him, and it's finally in my garage. Basically the powerzone/haldex-LSD rear diff, with a Mk5 R32 rear wavetrac machined to fit the Gen5 ring and pinion. Couldn't justify the price new and the off-the-shelf wavetrac is delayed until at least next March last I heard.

Gotta repair one of the breathers and swap out the stock rubbery mounts, but might be doing some donuts soon.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Couldn't justify the price new and the off-the-shelf wavetrac is delayed until at least next March last I heard.
Yeah, frustrating this. The DQ381/Haldex LSD has been delayed almost as much as the VR swap has.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
So...

View attachment 264282

Been pestering @mmdb for about 5 months trying to buy this off him, and it's finally in my garage. Basically the powerzone/haldex-LSD rear diff, with a Mk5 R32 rear wavetrac machined to fit the Gen5 ring and pinion. Couldn't justify the price new and the off-the-shelf wavetrac is delayed until at least next March last I heard.

Gotta repair one of the breathers and swap out the stock rubbery mounts, but might be doing some donuts soon.

Don't forget to post up a video! Sorry bout the broken breather valve thing. That diff is euro grade :) and Fedex has had its way with it (see prior picture). Anywho, glad its going to a good home. You'd be surprised how many folks on facebook lowball nor realize what a diff does.

Now that I'm a step closer to getting an RS3 (8V or 8Y) buy my ohlins... and stoptechs... :) If I get the 8V chassis I'll add a wavetrac front and rear ($10k probably). For the 8Y I doubt I'll do the wavetrac and I'm sure the ECU tweaks with all the parameters of wheel rotation through brakes and rear diff lock... which gets me kind of afraid of actually going the 8Y route as clutches wear out. Side discussion. Sorry.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah, that's way smaller.

Got my ABS wiring fixed and the SPC camber arms in. Removed the bar-tek filter adapter, going to try out this sega stack tomorrow.

View attachment 264264

The mocal kit @bobivy1234 linked came with -10 (thanks amazon), gonna swap in some -8 setrab fittings to use my bar-tek lines. Should probably re-do it with -10 line but I don't feel like pulling the bumper.
So, doesn't work as cleanly as I was hoping. The fittings interfere quite a lot with the big coolant line next to the housing. Maybe the RL line is just a bit longer to get over it (based on the pictures bob posted in the main RL thread).

Don't forget to post up a video! Sorry bout the broken breather valve thing. That diff is euro grade :) and Fedex has had its way with it (see prior picture). Anywho, glad its going to a good home. You'd be surprised how many folks on facebook lowball nor realize what a diff does.

Now that I'm a step closer to getting an RS3 (8V or 8Y) buy my ohlins... and stoptechs... :) If I get the 8V chassis I'll add a wavetrac front and rear ($10k probably). For the 8Y I doubt I'll do the wavetrac and I'm sure the ECU tweaks with all the parameters of wheel rotation through brakes and rear diff lock... which gets me kind of afraid of actually going the 8Y route as clutches wear out. Side discussion. Sorry.

I think VW sells the elbow but I'm trying to get my dealer to confirm. I broke it completely in half while gorilla-ing the bolts out. I think it was a decent deal, the alternative was waiting til next year and paying just about as much for a used diff + wavetrac + still having to pay for machine work to fit it.
Thankfully I don't need the Ohlins or Stoptechs, but glws

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
You gonna do any ice racing once the car is complete with front and rear LSDs? Never done it but looks like a blast.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You gonna do any ice racing once the car is complete with front and rear LSDs? Never done it but looks like a blast.
That would indeed be awesome! I really like how clean the car is tho, so it doesn't see salt. I would love to pick up a cheap Z for ice stuff some day, though.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
1667326822409.png

Took it into belle tire for my free alignment on the new suspension. Maxed out whiteline balljoints, CSS knuckles, and Ohlins with 8" 8k springs @ 5mm of preload.
Tech said he had a Mk5 R32, but he seemed very confused. Went over the adjustment options, he comes back a few minutes later and rear camber is at -0.2 and toe is normal. Told me he was trying to max out the eccentric bolt (the bolt is locked out on the SPC arms). And that he was trying to adjust camber on the arm with two rod ends (the toe arm). Then said he was adjusting toe on the trailing arm. :rolleyes: Got it to -2.0 rear camber but had -1.15 toe on each side 😬 3rd try and he got it to where it's at now. The SPC arms say they're good for like +/- 3.0 deg, so wtf.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Sweet score on the rear diff! Should drive like a completely different car on track in the spring.

How’s the tune coming along?