GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Immature kids and their BOVs

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
These kids, or adults, can have a BOV on their cars and that's fine, I have no issue with that. It's when they purposely have to constantly blow it off just to attract attention, acting like an attention whore that thinks they are cool or a badass.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
These kids, or adults, can have a BOV on their cars and that's fine, I have no issue with that. It's when they purposely have to constantly blow it off just to attract attention, acting like an attention whore that thinks they are cool or a badass.
Except for car guys everybody else looks at them like something must be wrong with their car. Who are they trying to impress when most people don't get it anyway?

With regards to someone pulling along side you and revving their engine it sure the hell isn't because they're impressed with your car.

Square1

Go Kart Champion
I got a cracked tune which I don't really like but it's there for now and a BOV. I like it. Lol
My kid has a BOV, open intake and loud exhaust. He really likes it lol. I think he'd quit driving without the woosh. 😁

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Just had a guy on a crotch rocket die this weekend not 1/8 mile from my house. Eye witness walking along the street says (yep, this was residential) he was going north of 100 in a 35 zone down a hill when someone pulled out in front of him.
Lmao I was going 130 in a 35 just a few days ago on my Street Triple.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
straight pipes, bov's, pops and bangs, wheels worth more than the car and bacon fenders. used to see this shit all the time at my apartment. idiots. oh and when did straight piped auto slush boxes ever sound cool to anyone?

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Had a modified Fiesta ST poping off at me at a light. Went green and let traffic clear on a 55 mph road, he honked it off and it was ridiculous bad for him. He turned off at the next light.

A week ago picked my daughter up from a church function driving the same stretch of road when a Challenger Hell Cat kept reving next to me while driving, speeding up and taking off. I took the bait and slowed to 40 as did he. I honked it off while break boosting in 2nd and we went. He saw taillights and could not catch me at the top of 2nd when I let off and slowed. He also left me alone after that. Think people are starting to talk about the little 2 door golf in my town, haha.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Had a modified Fiesta ST poping off at me at a light. Went green and let traffic clear on a 55 mph road, he honked it off and it was ridiculous bad for him. He turned off at the next light.

A week ago picked my daughter up from a church function driving the same stretch of road when a Challenger Hell Cat kept reving next to me while driving, speeding up and taking off. I took the bait and slowed to 40 as did he. I honked it off while break boosting in 2nd and we went. He saw taillights and could not catch me at the top of 2nd when I let off and slowed. He also left me alone after that. Think people are starting to talk about the little 2 door golf in my town, haha.
Street Racing with your daughter in the car after church?!

That's wrong

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Except for car guys everybody else looks at them like something must be wrong with their car. Who are they trying to impress when most people don't get it anyway?

With regards to someone pulling along side you and revving their engine it sure the hell isn't because they're impressed with your car.

My wife legit thought my car was misfiring when I had an 07 WRX.....I consistently had to tell her and other who thought something was wrong, "it's called offset headers..it's normal"

Awesome.....that's awesome.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
This stuff does suck and yes I'm getting older. I think as I do, I get more civilized and join the people that hate hearing this stuff while at home with their picket white fence, lol. I don't have a home with a picket white fence but I rent within a home and the kids that drive around here annoy the "F" out of me. The road next to the house is residential but makes a great short cut between towns for those that know about it so it has a lot of traffic. You get a lot of young kids, specifically these Subie @$$holes who are up and down daily on it and they drive like 50mph in a 35mph zone, easily. Then I get this other @$$hole who I haven't identified yet of what car he drives that has pops and bangs and I swear, he drives the 35mph speed in 1st gear only. All you hear is that thing blowing the **** up everyday. I honestly hope the car does blow up.

Sorry, I think you just brought how much I hate overdone car sounds out of me. I don't mind BOV or snap, crack and bangs when it just happens. Though when it is constantly being overdone to show off, it is not cool because it doesn't turn into a show off, but more like an annoying, gtfo away from me so I don't have to hear that sh!t.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
when I get my dad's '29 Ford, I'll come out Drew and show them some real burbles.......

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Love all these posts. There was a guy spamming BOV on his Honda S2000 to let everyone know he has snail. Sad that all his $ went to mechanical and his paint and top were in need of big help.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Street Racing with your daughter in the car after church?!

That's wrong

Thanks pops, I come here seeking affirmation and am so crushed. Will you forgive me?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Meh, let people enjoy their cars. And their lives; especially if they’re still thrilled about living theirs. Life is too short and most people die an agonizing cancer death anyway.